• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible Play Bryce Was Hurt On

Proudiddy

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Why would you bench a rookie quarterback two games into his career, when he just lost by 3 points and has as many touchdowns as interceptions? The point of having a rookie QB is to let him learn. Some guys throw 3-4 picks in their first game and even more the next, but they don't get benched after two games.

I get that you've hated Young since Day 1, but how can you still think that's a viable decision? I flat-out do not understand how we've reached QAnon levels of conspiracy here. 

It’s complete nonsense that has no credibility to it. You see his ankle get rolled and a defender land on it. They are not going to play him through injuries in week 3 when we aren’t a playoff team.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

The entire point of having a rookie QB is to develop him.   You can also ruin a QB by putting him horrific spots.  Carolina doesn’t have a functional offense for a rookie QB to be developed.  And Bryce is a HUGE investment.   Frank needs to fix the offense is he can actually develop a rookie QB.  Life in his scheme is just going to keep getting harder until change happens and that’s not on Young. 

and I this point, I again go back to Bama.  Young struggled above the shoulders when he got to Bama and life wasn’t the textbook show he was used to.  They did a special on mental health about it. 

The Panthers don't have a functional franchise for any rookie QB to thrive (sorry, Buckeye Boosters) and that's exacerbated with a woeful play-caller and offensive pieces that would make the 2001 Panthers blush. Besides, this season is about growth, learning and taking lumps. At least, it was before the opening kickoff.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s complete nonsense that has no credibility to it. You see his ankle get rolled and a defender land on it. They are not going to play him through injuries in week 3 when we aren’t a playoff team.

Not one coach will touch that with any detail whatsoever.  That’s not NFL normal. 

playoffs have nothing to do with this year.  It’s a developmental season.  The entire purpose of this season is growing Bryce.  Not making the playoffs 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Between the conspiracies, the Buckeye Boosters and worst of all, Juan getting banned, I'm about done lol

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

The Panthers don't have a functional franchise for any rookie QB to thrive (sorry, Buckeye Boosters) and that's exacerbated with a woeful play-caller and offensive pieces that would make the 2001 Panthers blush. Besides, this season is about growth, learning and taking lumps. At least, it was before the opening kickoff.

Not for what they are running on offense. 

they have a run blocking O.  They have primarily rushers in the backfield.  And they got a cast of #3 type WRs that can’t get quick separation…..in a small ball/shotgun offense.   All with that with a boring and predictable play caller. 

I spoke on it before the season started and folks didn’t want to acknowledge it. 

Bryce wasn’t being setup for success.   And it has started pretty predictable. 

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Not one coach will touch that with any detail whatsoever.  That’s not NFL normal. 

playoffs have nothing to do with this year.  It’s a developmental season.  The entire purpose of this season is growing Bryce.  Not making the playoffs 

They didn’t know about BC’s injury the prior week and it was season ending. Is there another crazy theory about that? Correct it’s a developmental year for Young and they aren’t playing him through any injuries. There is a literal quote from Corbett saying they are going to do whatever the doctors tell them to do and not have players play through injuries or rush back. 

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They didn’t know about BC’s injury the prior week and it was season ending. Is there another crazy theory about that? Correct it’s a developmental year for Young and they aren’t playing him through any injuries. There is a literal quote from Corbett saying they are going to do whatever the doctors tell them to do and not have players play through injuries or rush back. 

You are suggesting these two things are the same.  They aren’t. 

Does Bryce have a high ankle? Tell me about the injury.  What has Frank or anyone shared?  That’s not NFL normal. 

Every NFL player plays through stuff.  Some never see a single game at full health.   We had a first rounder before that never saw a game his rookie year at full strength.  That’s part of the NFL. 

15 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Why would you bench a rookie quarterback two games into his career, when he just lost by 3 points and has as many touchdowns as interceptions? The point of having a rookie QB is to let him learn. Some guys throw 3-4 picks in their first game and even more the next, but they don't get benched after two games.

I get that you've hated Young since Day 1, but how can you still think that's a viable decision? I flat-out do not understand how we've reached QAnon levels of conspiracy here. 

Bro, we've been on the same page with a lot of stuff over the years, so no need for "QAnon" bullshit insults.  It's simply my observations and opinions.  For the same reasons you think I have to trash Bryce because I didn't want him, I could assume you have the same incentive to defend his honor because you also want to be right that he was a good pick.  At the end of the day, we should both be pulling for him bc our team's success depends on it in many ways...  And I have maintained since day 1, even if I didn't want a specific player drafted and if I wasn't a fan of that player, I'm still going to pull for their success once they're a Panther until it's clear they're a liability.  Bryce has not reached the point of clearly being a proven liability (I usually reserve that designation until they've had at least a full year on the roster where we've seen them play).  But, I do believe Bryce has shown enough through two games to show he isn't ready.

And again, I don't think it's a conspiracy after watching what has transpired from the preseason and now into two regular season games that Bryce is leaving a lot of big plays on the field.  It doesn't matter how many deep shots you take, but it's a fact you have to take some.  Bryce will not.  And I don't want to hear receivers aren't open.  Our recieving corps has talent, and are way better than what the Texans and Colts have, and yet, both of those QBs are putting up far better numbers and taking shots downfield to threaten the defense.  Yes, the playcalling has been shitty, but as I've said repeatedly, the #1 pick/franchise QBs should be able to make plays and change games single-handedly with their ability.  They might not single-handedly win them, bc occasionally, they need other guys to make plays to help...  but Bryce, outside of that long scramble last week has not done that or shown that.  He is super dependent on his supporting cast to carry him with their production instead of the inverse, and that was always my issue with him from college til now.  He, so far, is who I thought he would be as a pro, and that's not good.  Again, that doesn't mean the book has been written on him and is over, but I think the coaches watched the film and saw the opportunities he's leaving out there because he's scared to pull the trigger on smaller windows and deep shots, and they want to see what the offense looks like if Dalton does.  

I'm still astounded people think this poo is some far-fetched, unrealistic, and asinine conspiracy.  poo looks pretty cut and dry to me.  Somebody made the call for him to be the #1 pick.  They hyped him up all offseason, pushed the hype further in TC that they got the pick right (which is easy to do when the organization controls the media that is put out because they limit access) and then as soon as we hit real, competitive games against other teams, Bryce and the offense came crashing down to Earth and looked nothing like what team-controlled media pushed them as all offseason.  The offense didn't just look like the expected struggles of a rookie figuring it out on-the-fly - they looked absolutely horrid and non-functional.  And because of that and this new staff all trying to figure out together for the first time, it can't be he was this bad, right?  So, seeing the plays Bryce was leaving out there, they now want to see if it was more him or them.  And in order to find out, they have to "bench" him, thus the injury.  Now, after seeing what the offense looks like with a QB who is familiar with what shots you can and should take in the NFL and will throw deep when it's there, they will reevaluate afterwards and also be able to show Bryce a blueprint of what they expect from proof of concept with Dalton.  That isn't some radical "the elite are running giant pizza parlor sex rings and eating babies" conspiracy.  It's only offensive if you really thought Bryce was gonna come in and light it up early.

• Flames 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

You are suggesting these two things are the same.  They aren’t. 

Does Bryce have a high ankle? Tell me about the injury.  What has Frank or anyone shared? 

Every NFL player plays through stuff.  Some never see a single game at full health.  

He said it’s an ankle sprain that will have him out 1-2 weeks. He will return “when he is cleared.” “We are going to do whatever the doctors say.” They are being pretty honest about it. Reich is pretty straightforward, maybe to a fault honestly. 

https://www.newsweek.com/bryce-young-injury-what-we-know-about-panthers-qb-status-1829294?amp=1

"They're sayin' one to two weeks. Docs are sayin' one to two weeks," the head coach explained when asked about a potential recovery timeline. "I think Bryce has done well this week. I'm optimistic that he's on the right path and that whatever the soonest he can get back is, he will get back. And when he gets back and when he's cleared, he's our guy and he'll be ready to go."

Through that lens, there's no need to put Young out there if he's less than 100 percent. No matter the fear—you could worry about him sustaining a more serious injury, establishing bad habits or simply taking a few extra sacks and losing confidence—there's no reason to put him out there in what amounts to an insignificant game.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Bro, we've been on the same page with a lot of stuff over the years, so no need for "QAnon" bullshit insults.  It's simply my observations and opinions.  For the same reasons you think I have to trash Bryce because I didn't want him, I could assume you have the same incentive to defend his honor because you also want to be right that he was a good pick.  At the end of the day, we should both be pulling for him bc our team's success depends on it in many ways...  And I have maintained since day 1, even if I didn't want a specific player drafted and if I wasn't a fan of that player, I'm still going to pull for their success once they're a Panther until it's clear they're a liability.  Bryce has not reached the point of clearly being a proven liability (I usually reserve that designation until they've had at least a full year on the roster where we've seen them play).  But, I do believe Bryce has shown enough through two games to show he isn't ready.

And again, I don't think it's a conspiracy after watching what has transpired from the preseason and now into two regular season games that Bryce is leaving a lot of big plays on the field.  It doesn't matter how many deep shots you take, but it's a fact you have to take some.  Bryce will not.  And I don't want to hear receivers aren't open.  Our recieving corps has talent, and are way better than what the Texans and Colts have, and yet, both of those QBs are putting up far better numbers and taking shots downfield to threaten the defense.  Yes, the playcalling has been shitty, but as I've said repeatedly, the #1 pick/franchise QBs should be able to make plays and change games single-handedly with their ability.  They might not single-handedly win them, bc occasionally, they need other guys to make plays to help...  but Bryce, outside of that long scramble last week has not done that or shown that.  He is super dependent on his supporting cast to carry him with their production instead of the inverse, and that was always my issue with him from college til now.  He, so far, is who I thought he would be as a pro, and that's not good.  Again, that doesn't mean the book has been written on him and is over, but I think the coaches watched the film and saw the opportunities he's leaving out there because he's scared to pull the trigger on smaller windows and deep shots, and they want to see what the offense looks like if Dalton does.  

I'm still astounded people think this poo is some far-fetched, unrealistic, and asinine conspiracy.  poo looks pretty cut and dry to me.  Somebody made the call for him to be the #1 pick.  They hyped him up all offseason, pushed the hype further in TC that they got the pick right (which is easy to do when the organization controls the media that is put out because they limit access) and then as soon as we hit real, competitive games against other teams, Bryce and the offense came crashing down to Earth and looked nothing like what team-controlled media pushed them as all offseason.  The offense didn't just look like the expected struggles of a rookie figuring it out on-the-fly - they looked absolutely horrid and non-functional.  And because of that and this new staff all trying to figure out together for the first time, it can't be he was this bad, right?  So, seeing the plays Bryce was leaving out there, they now want to see if it was more him or them.  And in order to find out, they have to "bench" him, thus the injury.  Now, after seeing what the offense looks like with a QB who is familiar with what shots you can and should take in the NFL and will throw deep when it's there, they will reevaluate afterwards and also be able to show Bryce a blueprint of what they expect from proof of concept with Dalton.  That isn't some radical "the elite are running giant pizza parlor sex rings and eating babies" conspiracy.  It's only offensive if you really thought Bryce was gonna come in and light it up early.

One thing: it is a far-fetched, unrealistic and asinine conspiracy theory, though. No coach is going to soft-bench his rookie QB after two fuging games. Sorry, bro, that's a stupid opinion.

Some other things to note as I go through the chapters of this book:

1) I root for Bryce because he's here. I wanted Stroud in March. Welcome to search my posts for proof. 
2) The offense has sucked for a multitude of reasons. Why doesn't Tepper soft-fire Reich and let Brown call the plays? Why doesn't Sanders, who barely ran for more yards than Young last week, get soft-benched for Hubbard?
3) This receiving corps doesn't have talent, they can't run routes correctly, and they can't get separation. And when they do, like Mingo on third down, they can't catch.
4) He's left one big play on the field. One. You bitched last year that Darnold took stupid shots when no one was open, now you're bitching because Young won't take stupid shots when no one is open. All it boils down to is, you're boasting because you didn't want Young, and now you kinda want Young to succeed, but if he doesn't succeed, you at least have the self-satisfaction that you didn't want him anyway. There are a dozen of your kind on here (at least a few are OSU fans), and y'all have lit this place up since week 1, but when Young did something well, oh it was *crickets* or "About time."

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.newsweek.com/bryce-young-injury-what-we-know-about-panthers-qb-status-1829294?amp=1

"They're sayin' one to two weeks. Docs are sayin' one to two weeks," the head coach explained when asked about a potential recovery timeline. "I think Bryce has done well this week. I'm optimistic that he's on the right path and that whatever the soonest he can get back is, he will get back. And when he gets back and when he's cleared, he's our guy and he'll be ready to go."

Through that lens, there's no need to put Young out there if he's less than 100 percent. No matter the fear—you could worry about him sustaining a more serious injury, establishing bad habits or simply taking a few extra sacks and losing confidence—there's no reason to put him out there in what amounts to an insignificant game.

SOFT BENCHING

dumbanddumber-hearnoevil.gif

• Pie 1