• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moore Bandwagon

dmo4455

So is that saying Jake was playing without any competition for his spot?

That is my question. I mean it seems like Moore is getting no respect, while all the while he is making Jake look like the rookie.

I'd like to know why these people are on the roster, that a pro that was with the team, constantly berates them?

Can you explain how the decision with Jake is supposed to be so right, Matt is so wrong along with the other QB's??

Why are they there, and why are they kept year after year?

Let's get a little more in depth here.....and Dan you of all people should be able to shoot us straight.

Let's hear it....please. From a fan.....please.....let's hear it.

We know Fox talk, and we all know that tells us nothing. What can you tell us Dan besides you want more competition at QB??

:cheers2:

I'd like to know why these people are on the roster, that a pro that was with the team, constantly berates them?

Can you explain how the decision with Jake is supposed to be so right, Matt is so wrong along with the other QB's??

I wanna know this as well. I don't understand this crap.

That is my question. I mean it seems like Moore is getting no respect, while all the while he is making Jake look like the rookie.

Why are they there, and why are they kept year after year?

Let's get a little more in depth here.....and Dan you of all people should be able to shoot us straight.

Let's hear it....please. From a fan.....please.....let's hear it.

We know Fox talk, and we all know that tells us nothing. What can you tell us Dan besides you want more competition at QB??

^^ ............waiting for responce..................

But how did the Dline play during those games? Giants secondary is weak its when the Dline plays good is when the QB's have problems.
who was their dline going against this week? probowlers?

ok...combining with the other info (stats for todays games haven't been posted yet):

wk. 1: campbell- 19-26-211-1-1

completion rating: 73.1%, passer rating 93.6

4 sacks, 1 QB hit, 7 QB pressures, 2 passes batted down at LoS

wk 2: romo- 13-29-127-1-3

completion rating: 59.3%, passer rating 140.6

0 sacks, 4 QB hit, 4 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

wk 3: bucs QBs 11-26-58-0-1

leftwich completion rating: 43.8%, passer rating 25.0

johnson completion rating: 40.0%, passer rating 50.4

0 sacks, 10 QB hit, 3 QB pressures, 0 passes batted down at LoS

wk 4: cassell 15-32-127-2-0

completion rating: 46.9%, passer rating 78.5

6 sacks, 6 QB hit, 10 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

wk 5: russell 8-13-100-0-0

completion rating: 61.5%, passer rating 85.4

6 sacks, 3 QB hit, 3 QB pressures, 0 passes batted down at LoS

wk 6: brees 23-30-369-4-0

completion rating: 76.7%, passer rating 156.8

1 sacks, 2 QB hit, 6 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 7 warner 20-36-231-1-1

completion rating: 78.0%, passer rating 100.8

2 sacks, 6 QB hit, 8 QB pressures, 2 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 8 mcnabb 17-23-240-3-0

completion rating: 73.9%, passer rating 146.7

2 sacks, 1 QB hit, 7 QB pressures, 5 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 9 rivers 24-36-209-3-2

completion rating: 66.7%, passer rating 86.5

2 sacks, 4 QB hit, 13 QB pressures, 0 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 11 ryan 26-46-268-2-0

completion rating: 56.5%, passer rating 88.0

2 sacks, 7 QB hit, 18 QB pressures, 0 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 12 orton 18-28-245-1-1

completion rating: 64.3%, passer rating 89.1

1 sacks, 2 QB hit, 2 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 13 romo 41-55-392-3-0

completion rating: 74.5%, passer rating 112.1

2 sacks, 2 QB hit, 17 QB pressures, 2 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 14 mcnabb 18-28-307-2-1

completion rating: 65.4%, passer rating 110.3

1 sacks, 1 QB hit, 9 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 15 campbell 17-33-249-1-3

completion rating: 53.6%, passer rating 57.4

5 sacks, 8 QB hit, 10 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

you can spin all this anyway you want but the arguments against matt are becoming less and less valid. he's doing what he needs to do and he is succeeding. is it proof that he is going to be a star? no. but it is showing that there is a ton of potential there and he very well could be the guy that the panthers have needed at QB.

i'm of the opinion that a flashy run happy QB like mike ditka is overrated. if you want excitement....thats fine. find it anyway you want. but if you want wins...having that thrilla QB isn't really necessary at all. you want a pretty boy QB? you want an exciting and controversial QB that sells jerseys and gets tons of media hype? or do you just want someone that is going to help the team win? personally...i just want wins. i could care less about the fluff and image crap. media love? someone else can have it. i just want to win games.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rayzor again.

Just new they was talking about that today saying the line was up and down on performance. Helps to see the picture better.

I got him for ya, and it was well deserved with the info he shared I thought.

But feel free to hit him up when you can, I'm sure he'll appreciate it. :D

who was their dline going against this week? probowlers?

ok...combining with the other info (stats for todays games haven't been posted yet):

wk. 1: campbell- 19-26-211-1-1

completion rating: 73.1%, passer rating 93.6

4 sacks, 1 QB hit, 7 QB pressures, 2 passes batted down at LoS

wk 2: romo- 13-29-127-1-3

completion rating: 59.3%, passer rating 140.6

0 sacks, 4 QB hit, 4 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

wk 3: bucs QBs 11-26-58-0-1

leftwich completion rating: 43.8%, passer rating 25.0

johnson completion rating: 40.0%, passer rating 50.4

0 sacks, 10 QB hit, 3 QB pressures, 0 passes batted down at LoS

wk 4: cassell 15-32-127-2-0

completion rating: 46.9%, passer rating 78.5

6 sacks, 6 QB hit, 10 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

wk 5: russell 8-13-100-0-0

completion rating: 61.5%, passer rating 85.4

6 sacks, 3 QB hit, 3 QB pressures, 0 passes batted down at LoS

wk 6: brees 23-30-369-4-0

completion rating: 76.7%, passer rating 156.8

1 sacks, 2 QB hit, 6 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 7 warner 20-36-231-1-1

completion rating: 78.0%, passer rating 100.8

2 sacks, 6 QB hit, 8 QB pressures, 2 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 8 mcnabb 17-23-240-3-0

completion rating: 73.9%, passer rating 146.7

2 sacks, 1 QB hit, 7 QB pressures, 5 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 9 rivers 24-36-209-3-2

completion rating: 66.7%, passer rating 86.5

2 sacks, 4 QB hit, 13 QB pressures, 0 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 11 ryan 26-46-268-2-0

completion rating: 56.5%, passer rating 88.0

2 sacks, 7 QB hit, 18 QB pressures, 0 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 12 orton 18-28-245-1-1

completion rating: 64.3%, passer rating 89.1

1 sacks, 2 QB hit, 2 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 13 romo 41-55-392-3-0

completion rating: 74.5%, passer rating 112.1

2 sacks, 2 QB hit, 17 QB pressures, 2 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 14 mcnabb 18-28-307-2-1

completion rating: 65.4%, passer rating 110.3

1 sacks, 1 QB hit, 9 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

wk. 15 campbell 17-33-249-1-3

completion rating: 53.6%, passer rating 57.4

5 sacks, 8 QB hit, 10 QB pressures, 1 passes batted down at LoS

you can spin all this anyway you want but the arguments against matt are becoming less and less valid. he's doing what he needs to do and he is succeeding. is it proof that he is going to be a star? no. but it is showing that there is a ton of potential there and he very well could be the guy that the panthers have needed at QB.

i'm of the opinion that a flashy run happy QB like mike ditka is overrated. if you want excitement....thats fine. find it anyway you want. but if you want wins...having that thrilla QB isn't really necessary at all. you want a pretty boy QB? you want an exciting and controversial QB that sells jerseys and gets tons of media hype? or do you just want someone that is going to help the team win? personally...i just want wins. i could care less about the fluff and image crap. media love? someone else can have it. i just want to win games.

:confused:

Concerning all this talk about the Giants defensive backfield, and how supposedly 'beaten up' they are, the pundits and 'experts' on virtually ALL of the NFL themed shows were stating how easily the Giants were going to be able to deal with the 'Cats passing attack, because the only one they had to double up on was Smitty. This chatter went on all week leading up to today's game. They were making statements that our passing game "played right into the Giants hands", which also meant that their defensive line should have had a field day against us.

Our "O" line is doing a tremendous job, and where are the experts pointing out how we're missing our 2 starting tackles, one of whom is an All-Pro? Hmmm? The "O" line made the play action passing and Moore's rollouts successful today. We're as 'beaten up' as any other team in the league! Today was a good win against a team that was playing at home in a game where they controlled much of their own destiny. We whupped them! And Matt Moore was a huge part of all that, as he was against the Vikes last week.

I may be crazy, and I may come to regret saying this, but I'm getting that same optimistic feeling I had as the 2002 season wound down. We faced a lot of adversity that year, after starting out 3-0, we lost 8 straight, but finished 4-1 as key aspects of the team came together and jelled. I'm seeing that now, as the defense gets better, and the offense finally, FINALLY, is showing some real confidence against good teams that must continue to play because of playoff considerations. If the Vikes win tomorrow night, then next weeks game between us and the Saints looms large for them, so I don't anticipate them sitting their starters unless the game gets out of hand. It will be interesting to see how Moore does with Smitty out. If he still has a good game under the circumstances I just described, I will be feeling real good about him for next season as our starter.

Archived