• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Probowl selection Peppers/ Williams in Beason out

holycrikey

Clinton Portis, 2008-2009 Redskins

I'm confused.. are you supporting my point that, although there are rare occurrences of it happening, most sub .500 teams don't have players that make the probowl? Or are you supporting my point that idiotic fans can elevate guys who really don't deserve to go?

For either way, I could make a case, seeing as Snyder basically bought a bunch of probowl spots one year by getting Redskins fans to vote repeatedly for guys who weren't that good. Another couple of examples are Mike Vick and Mr. Horsecollar himself, Roy Williams. Neither were very good at their position, yet somehow made it due to hype over substance.

Every now and then, you also have guys who make it from teams that aren't good, but their individual performances were rock-solid. But this is not even close to the norm, though. It does happen, but how often? You could probably cite some fine examples, but over what time frame and era of football would they come from? And no, Barry Sanders does not count.. he wasn't exactly your run of the mill blue-collar guy to begin with ;)

I agree with the rest of you. I enjoy the Pro Bowl, but I wish fans had either zero input, or like someone else said, 1/10th of the vote or such. Fans are too loyal to their team and thus vote for every single member of their team. Just isn't fair.

Oh well. We'll see at 7:00 today who made it.

I'm much more excited for the season to end and see what changes (if any) the Panthers make towards staff and players.

Archived