• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Imagine Where We'd Be If We Took Howell Last Draft Instead of Corral...

Proudiddy

We still picked in the Top 10, possibly have a franchise QB already on the roster, still have DJ and next year's first.  I know when we got to the 3rd round, I and several other posters were saying Howell or bust...  looks like Fitt and Co. chose bust.  So many mistakes could've been avoided and assets preserved.

I was vocal about my support for Fitt in the past, hence my avi.  And I gave him a pass for a lot of previous mistakes under Rhule because we didn't know what decisions were Fitts and what decisions were Rhule's, but I've seen enough.  Fitt is NOT a good GM and the evidence is mounting higher and higher with each passing game.

• Pie 2

There are too many errors to pick one. Imagine if they have stayed with Cam in 2020. Imagine if they still dumped Cam in 2020 but still went with Teddy but kept him in 2021 and not gave away valuable picks for Sam. Or they could have just kept Heineke and run with him until they drafted their guy.

Tepper has been so impatient about getting his QB that it has led to where the Panthers are now. 

Edited by thennek
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, countryboi said:

I don’t know if any of this would work without EB. 

Bienemy deserves his due, no doubt.  He was one of my favorites to hire as HC back when we hired Fhule, but man, Howell was considered possibly the best QB in the country going into his last season at UNC.  He had the ability and talent, but likely was a victim of underperforming his last season at UNC.

• Pie 1