• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Playbook intelligent discussion

top dawg

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Colts fans were saying his, "Run, Run, Pass, Punt" play calling philosophy was losing them games as it was painfully predictable even with their O-Line and RB.  I hate to say it but they were right. 

I could not count the number of drives that were Run, Run/Run-Screen, Pass/Run-Screen, Punt.  

Funny you same ruined that.

this was dropped to me this afternoon from someone who used to cover the Colts a little.

IMG_6684.jpeg

Comparing the two pass charts, one would think the two were in totally different offenses.  Why is Andy's pas chart so much fuller?  Why is Bryce's so condensed?  Did someone kidnap Frank in Seattle and put in a body double?  Why did Andy have success in one of the toughest NFL stadiums in the entire League?  Had the OL not laid an egg and the defense held up better, that would have been a win.  Pre-snap penalties and the inability to stop Seattle's offense was the issue.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Are you seriously suggesting we run the read option with Bryce?  You did see the fumble yesterday with the arm tap, correct?   When he scrambles on a protection breakdown, he doesn't look half bad, but to suggest he should run right into the teeth of the defense is mind blowing.

I agree, there could be some pre-snap motion.  It's not been absent, but nearly so.

1-3 in the redzone, short yardage, yes, the fumbles have been hits he did not see coming. 

No one is suggesting it be a staple, that simply wouldn't work, HOWEVER when EDGE defenders are COMPLETELY disregarding him and it's room to run for days it would make sense. 

Go back and watch the tape it's there, just the thought of him keeping on tape as DC's review film at least takes a defender out of the run as they at least have to pay attention to Bryce. 

6 hours ago, Rags said:

Motion thing really stands out to me and has had me fuming. Our guys aren't suddenly gonna start getting more separation, the fact we don't use it or uptempo more so teams can't dictate matchups is. Very upsetting. 

The biggest takeaway for me was that Reich doesn't really trust Bryce. I thought about it, and it really makes sense. For me, it's unforgivable.