• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King on Fox

unicar15

About 30 minutes ago he said that Fox is planning on coaching out the last year of his contract and then testing the market with other teams. If its the Panthers then so be it...if he gets offered more money somewhere else then he'd be interested. He plans on being the top free agent coach after the 2010season, which I don't doubt that he will be.

My question is this...

The goal is to make the playoffs. So, if Fox makes the playoffs and then goes to the market as probably the most sought after coach in the league next year then what is the point in keeping him right now? We can either go ahead and pay for a guy that most in the know consider the best football coach on the market right now (Bill Cowher). OR...we can get into a bidding war with another team over a coach that will end up getting overpaid next year (Fox). I don't see the logic in keeping Fox with one year left on his contract. Why not just let him go and get Cowher?

No football in '11. JR has no clue whats gunna happen then with the league and salaries and the new CBA. Doesnt wanna be on the books or tied down for that season yet. Fox isnt a bad coach and his contracts ends at the perfect time. Once the future of the NFL is set in stone, then expect long terms moves to be made

I saw this and was going to post it as well... fug him. If that's his plan, then fire his ass. Talk about self-absorbed. King didn't just say test the market, he said Fox's plan was to finish out his contract and be the top "free agent in the coaching market."

Everyone keeps saying that it will be such a dramatic change and be an adjustment period if we have to start over, well if he's planning on leaving anyway, let's go ahead and get it going.

And what if he screws us and says he hasn't made a decision until Cowher, Shanahan, Billick, etc. are off the market, then quits. Sounds like a dick move that he would be capable of at this point.

When you look at it that way. You might as well either fire him or give him a new contract now. I really belive JR is trying to call his bluff and it won't work based on Fox' past and how stubborn he is. This whole situation his going to make the Panthers the laughing stock of the NFL. Watch, we lose out on Cowher and Fox moves on next year. Not that I really care if Cowher comes to Carolina or not. If it were up to me I'd keep Fox.

Both sides are using Peter King as a tool. The new team president wants Fox to quit so he doesn't pay 6 Million for him and so he can put his own coaching "stamp" on the organization, so he says "no extension" in hopes Fox quits. So Fox says "I ain't quitting, I'll be coach this year, get my money, then go elsewhere."

The whole thing will probably end in a contract buyout of Fox in two weeks. Zimmer will be the next head coach. IMO.

Both sides are using Peter King as a tool. The new team president wants Fox to quit so he doesn't pay 6 Million for him and so he can put his own coaching "stamp" on the organization, so he says "no extension" in hopes Fox quits. So Fox says "I ain't quitting, I'll be coach this year, get my money, then go elsewhere."

The whole thing will probably end in a contract buyout of Fox in two weeks. Zimmer will be the next head coach. IMO.

You're right about the leverage through media... Never thought about Zimmer... Sounds good, as long as he brings a creative and consistent OC with him. *EDIT:or take the kid gloves off of Davidson.

Man i dont know what i want to do i mean i like fox you know what your going to get with him you know that you will be in the playoffs every other year and that you will have a good team every year. But some of the things he does is so stupid like not benching jake for one,But i guess you can say im alot like coach fox i really like cowher but im scared to change coaches and go back to like we were like the 1-15 season.

Im scared to make a change but maybe its for the good but if we do i want it to be coach cowher and thats it.

When you look at it that way. You might as well either fire him or give him a new contract now. I really belive JR is trying to call his bluff and it won't work based on Fox' past and how stubborn he is. This whole situation his going to make the Panthers the laughing stock of the NFL. Watch, we lose out on Cowher and Fox moves on next year. Not that I really care if Cowher comes to Carolina or not. If it were up to me I'd keep Fox.

This would be similar to being the laughing stock of the NFL this year for continuing to start Delhomme when everyone short of your neighborhood bag lady knows Jake needed to be benched.

......On second thought she knew as well.

Archived