• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Paper move maybe, could be as some suggest they want to give him a game at AHL speed before they bring him back to the NHL level. Just to make sure his head is screwed on straight now. 

It doesn’t say which team though but he is listed on the Chicago wolves roster and they play today. If he gets the start I would not be surprised. It’s also the last AHL game before their break so it would all make sense. Get him a game before he ships back to Carolina for Tuesday.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

He is also 5 games away from losing his rookie status and having to go on waivers to be sent down. FYI. I really hope the FO isn’t planning on leaving him their and going Raanta + Martin barring the Freddie situation… 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Harbingers said:

He is also 5 games away from losing his rookie status and having to go on waivers to be sent down. FYI. I really hope the FO isn’t planning on leaving him their and going Raanta + Martin barring the Freddie situation… 

Just a thought....

They keep Kochetkov in the AHL for the remainder of the regular season and keep Martin as the backup until Freddie is ready to return. (How many back-to-backs are left on the schedule?) Martin makes way for Freedie when the time comes and Kochetkov gets to avoid waivers.

Remember the rosters expand after the TDL and again in the playoffs. At this point, there is no penalty for either Martin or Kochetkov because they are under contract. The only possible loss would be if the playoff games count towards Kochetkov losing his rookie status.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Just a thought....

They keep Kochetkov in the AHL for the remainder of the regular season and keep Martin as the backup until Freddie is ready to return. (How many back-to-backs are left on the schedule?) Martin makes way for Freedie when the time comes and Kochetkov gets to avoid waivers.

Remember the rosters expand after the TDL and again in the playoffs. At this point, there is no penalty for either Martin or Kochetkov because they are under contract. The only possible loss would be if the playoff games count towards Kochetkov losing his rookie status.

He did not play in Chicago today so maybe it was just a paper move for cap space. But I would not be surprised if you are right. That said I still consider Kochetkov to be 1 in net when he’s healthy, he hasn’t shown anything otherwise thus far and we got two tough games to start after the break. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Harbingers said:

He did not play in Chicago today so maybe it was just a paper move for cap space. But I would not be surprised if you are right. That said I still consider Kochetkov to be 1 in net when he’s healthy, he hasn’t shown anything otherwise thus far and we got two tough games to start after the break. 

That sounds like an absolutely awful idea and I'm 100% sure it won't be happening.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Just a thought....

No offense but...

Real Housewives GIF

barbie GIF

I love old man Raants, but when healthy...

1. King Kucci

2a Raanta

2b Martin

(Freddie is a bonus if he comes back this year)