• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Just now, Harbingers said:

Us or in general? As Tort’s said these young kids(the ones that come out of college) really expect everything just to be handed to them, NFL style. 

Mentioned our struggles but I imagine every team is having issues.

Said that the vultures we’re circling around Scott Morrow and that Justin Williams had to do the heavy lifting with Nadeau.

They need to close the college - free agency loop hole.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Mentioned our struggles but I imagine every team is having issues.

Said that the vultures we’re circling around Scott Morrow and that Justin Williams had to do the heavy lifting with Nadeau.

They need to close the college - free agency loop hole.

Oof, gotta get Blake signed asap. Haven’t seen anything official yet. Kinda surprised Nadeau took heavy lifting. I think not having an AHL steady might be hurting us on that front. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Oof, gotta get Blake signed asap. Haven’t seen anything official yet. Kinda surprised Nadeau took heavy lifting. I think not having an AHL steady might be hurting us on that front. 

I think you hit on the main thing earlier. Kids want to play in the NHL right away, Rod’s never been about that though.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’m hoping Teravainen takes a discount

TT went from $1.4M to 2.8 to where he is now, 5.4. And he's a UFA so if someone offers him 6 as a 50pt per season guy, he's gone. 

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Noesen take discounts

Noesen deserves a raise. He's taken a pay cut with each of his contracts and these past 2 seasons in Raleigh have been the best of his career.

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Martinook, Drury (on a bridge),

I'm on the fence with Martinook. His salary is not a cap killer, but if he wants something north of 2.5M, he may be gone. Drury, I think, is still trade bait. There are prospects that will make up for either or both being gone.

And the #11 in the room.... I think Staal might call it a career after this season. Just have a feeling.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Alright we’ve got a deal in place with some team… we’re now signing international free agents??? Doesn’t make sense without an AHL team.

I think this guy may be a 4th line tryout(from what I understand he’s a Fasty style player) but yes the signings seem to indicate that. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Currently based solely on math, not betting, analytics, etc

M3 -

Islanders: 59%(Controls M3 destiny)
Capitals: 27%
Penguins: 13%
Flyers: 2%

— — —

M3 Money Puck analytics

Islanders: 64.8%
Penguins: 17.5%
Capitals: 16.5%
Flyers: 1.3%

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Staal not at practice. He may not be on the trip if I had to guess, give him basically a full week+ off. Which would see KK and maybe even Lemieux getting some tuneup time. Nadeau and Blake practicing along with Morrow. 

Seems like only Ryan is at practice for outside reporters I follow so not totally sure if anyone else is messing. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

TT also got a maintenance day it seems. I could see both him and Staal not taking the trip. Like I said give KK and Lemieux some tune-up time and maybe put the rooks in for one of the last two games, standings depending. 

TT might be dinged. He took a shot toward the end of the Boston game.

• Pie 2