• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-24 Regular Season(non canes) thread

Panthers Fan 69

Barbashev, Cogliono, Lehkonen, Savard. Those are your in-season trade who are of any note that played in the Stanley Cup/Playoffs and won the cup during the Covid cap era. None of whom were over 2.5 million dollars in cap space. None of whom were traded for an active roster player. Only one of who was traded for more than a prospect/mid round pick(1st, 3rd, 4th).

Almost all(if not all) of those moves were predicated by injury.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Ya no. 1st, 4th and 3 players(including a 40 goal player last year) for a half season rental. 

No yes.  We aren’t winning a cup doing the same poo every year.   I believe  in my heart we have to still make a goalie move and goal a scorer.  They have to. It’s the missing pieces.    

this team will look back 5 years after not winning a cup and kick themselves for wasting the talent on this roster.  

for the last 4 years, the playoffs exits have been the same thing  can’t score and our goalies melt down  and and can’t score more    The end result is the same  Rod said it last night at the old backyard bistro, what are you willing to do different to be better?  

oh, and Lindholm is that guy…  

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

At some point we just can’t keep kicking the can. We are gonna start losing good players over the years.   Gotta make that splash now. 

There is no time like the present....

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:45 AM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

No yes.  We aren’t winning a cup doing the same poo every year.   I believe  in my heart we have to still make a goalie move and goal a scorer.  They have to. It’s the missing pieces.    

this team will look back 5 years after not winning a cup and kick themselves for wasting the talent on this roster.  

for the last 4 years, the playoffs exits have been the same thing  can’t score and our goalies melt down  and and can’t score more    The end result is the same  Rod said it last night at the old backyard bistro, what are you willing to do different to be better?  

oh, and Lindholm is that guy…  

Healthy I have to say i disagree, Svechnikov seems to have hit his scoring stride Ahos over PPG Jarvis is gonna score 30+ this season...

If we can get healthy I like our chances in the playoffs #2 PP defense is back to form....

• Flames 1

I'm about done with all star events , atleast in the NFL they do it at the end of the season 

But the NHL thinks it's OK to deprive us of meaningful hockey in the middle of the season , and none of the players look like they want to be there 

Make it like an honorary thing, like a fan vote of the best players , but no actual competition 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I'm about done with all star events , atleast in the NFL they do it at the end of the season 

But the NHL thinks it's OK to deprive us of meaningful hockey in the middle of the season , and none of the players look like they want to be there 

Make it like an honorary thing, like a fan vote of the best players , but no actual competition 

Well there’s going to be a bye week for teams no matter what. This time they just lumped all the teams at the same time instead of doing rolling. That said I agree, it’s just not that entertaining on TV, most of the players especially those that have been there before don’t want to be there. I did laugh my ass off at Kucherov phoning it in.

I know they keep changing the format to try and make it entertaining but it’s really not. Doing it during the playoffs would be the best avenue I think but then it gets into excluding the best players who inevitably will be on playoff teams which would upset the brand. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1