• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-24 Regular Season(non canes) thread

Panthers Fan 69

On 2/4/2024 at 3:05 AM, Day1PanthersFan said:

I'm about done with all star events , atleast in the NFL they do it at the end of the season 

But the NHL thinks it's OK to deprive us of meaningful hockey in the middle of the season , and none of the players look like they want to be there 

Make it like an honorary thing, like a fan vote of the best players , but no actual competition 

I mean I'm sure they don't None of the guys from contenders want to get hurt in that meaningless game 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, organicrusty1201 said:

Aho and a bunch of other stars looked bored and seemed to just go through the motions, that had to be the worst "all-star" clusterfug ever. Totally unwatchable.

Ya, only McKinnon’s line was really trying on Aho’s team. Aho had maybe only one high danger chance and he fanned on it. 

That game was literal the episode of South Park where the boys tried to lose at baseball so they didn’t have to spend the whole summer playing baseball. They could have empty netted the puck so many times in the final 2 minutes. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I didn’t watch any of it. Did aho do anything? 

He had Wilson and Kaprizov. Everyone on that line is a passer so they spent most of it passing. He had plenty of breakaway opportunities that he didn’t even attempt. 

• Pie 2

Plus the prize as a team was 1 million? Split that’s chump change to most of these guys. 

Especially when the skills winner gets 1 million themselves but the NHL gated the competition like dumbasses. Why would most of these guys even give a poo?

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Plus the prize as a team was 1 million? Split that’s chump change to most of these guys. 

Especially when the skills winner gets 1 million themselves but the NHL gated the competition like dumbasses. Why would most of these guys even give a poo?

Yeah I didn't watch any of it was BS that not everyone participated in the competition Fishy has won some in the past too.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

Yeah I didn't watch any of it was BS that not everyone participated in the competition Fishy has won some in the past too.

I only watched Aho’s game and that was it, wanted to see how he looked with other line mates. 

• Pie 1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/flyers-devils-flames-will-receive-cap-relief-for-players-facing-charges/

Jersey and Philly are getting cap relief before the deadline. Smh. Philly gets 4m and Jersey gets 2.2m. These teams picked these players knowing the rumors/situation. I don’t see why they should be awarded relief right before the trade deadline. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1