• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-24 Regular Season(non canes) thread

Panthers Fan 69

Looks like even on Reddit some see “rags” as derogatory.

Maybe I’ll start calling then the “rag$” to make it clear lol.

New York Rangers: "Rag$"

The New York Rangers are often referred to by detractors as the "Rag$." It is a name that demeans the team and uses a dollar sign to poke at the fact that the Rangers used to spend tons of money on key free agents.

The team has done a good job drafting and procuring a youth movement and while they still sparingly add free agents, this nickname is very unappealing to the fans.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1272985-25-of-the-most-unappealing-nicknames-in-nhl-history.amp.html

Edited by DavidEng

4 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Looks like even on Reddit some see “rags” as derogatory.

Maybe I’ll start calling then the “rag$” to make it clear lol.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1272985-25-of-the-most-unappealing-nicknames-in-nhl-history.amp.html

Eh they don’t bother me enough right now to hate them. I dislike all of their fans that left their state to move to NC but the Rangers as a whole don’t bother me other than Trouba being a dickhead.

Over the past couple years we’ve won our division against them and split with them in the playoffs. They haven’t kicked our ass enough in meaningful games for me to absolutely despise them yet.

For me, Boston was the team I despised the most and then Florida took over them. I hope we get a rematch with Florida in the playoffs this year and we kick their ass so I can move on lol.

Now let’s say the Rangers were to win the division and eliminate us in the playoffs this year, they’d shoot to the front of the line.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’ve never meant it to be an insult and most other NHL fanbases don’t either.

The topic of calling the Rangers, “Rags” has been discussed many times on Reddit as well as HFBoards and I think the consensus is that most people are too lazy to type out Rangers.

Rags is to the Rangers as Canes is to the Hurricanes, Habs is to the Canadians, Pens is to the Penguins, Nucks is to the Canucks, etc…

Cool. Just making sure. Not a big hockey fan but I was curious about the nickname and noticed it wasn't bothering Rangers fans here.

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0
  • Beer 1

Tampa is on a heater again and my guy Anthony Duclair has 10 points in 11 games for them.

Tampa and us are the hottest teams in the league right now with the Rangers and Stars right behind us.

Would not shock me in the slightest if the Bolts take out the B’s in round one.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Tampa is on a heater again and my guy Anthony Duclair has 10 points in 11 games for them.

Tampa and us are the hottest teams in the league right now with the Rangers and Stars right behind us.

Would not shock me in the slightest if the Bolts take out the B’s in round one.

I wouldn’t put it past Tampa to overtake Toronto based on their respective schedules. Plus their last game of the season is in Tampa as the second half of a back to back(Florida is the first half). Tampa also easily wins a tie in points.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Dallas absolutely killing Edmonton through 2. 

Speaking of.... Dallas is on a heater right now as well. I thought they'd come out of the West last year, but Vegas put together a run. This year, I think Dallas does it.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Speaking of.... Dallas is on a heater right now as well. I thought they'd come out of the West last year, but Vegas put together a run. This year, I think Dallas does it.

I said Canes vs Dallas to start the year….

Tampa clinched. Toronto clinched, Edmonton clinched. 

East: M3, WC 2 West: P3 and WC1 + 2 all that’s left up for grabs.

Who slots in where is basically left in the west though. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1