• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers talent level

Brokenbad

Must've been absent that day. :D

You didn't miss anything.

Talent level across the NFL is generally pretty close. There's a thin line between winning and losing.

Do we have the talent to compete with anyone? We're not far off. I'm waiting to see what the offseason brings (a #2 receiver, for example).

i meant football, something the NC schools will never have a shot at winning a title in. :)

Have Louisiana ever won a Championship outside of college sports where our hockey has the Stanley Cups trophy? I don't think so. :P

Beside, way to get off topic on this thread here. Guess you're desperate to diss any of our sports in NC compare to your since you hate it when we diss your 'Aints. :dita: :lol:

Have Louisiana ever won a Championship outside of college sports where our hockey has the Stanley Cups trophy? I don't think so. :P

Beside, way to get off topic on this thread here. Guess you're desperate to diss any of our sports in NC compare to your since you hate it when we diss your 'Aints. :dita: :lol:

:iamwithstupid::thumbsup:

college football is about infinetly more relavent than the NHL in the U.S but i didn't even go off topic to start. one of your fellow panther fans did.

Talent level across the NFL is generally pretty close. There's a thin line between winning and losing.

Do we have the talent to compete with anyone? We're not far off. I'm waiting to see what the offseason brings (a #2 receiver, for example).

i like to call that line a quarterback

i like to call that line a quarterback
Ha, it's not that clear cut, but obviously the QB position is vital in football. A player like Manning or Brees for example elevate their teams to another level through their excellent play. Granted we've been hampered by Delhomme's play, but I honestly don't think Moore is that much better than Jake. We're in need of an upgrade at that position.

As for the talent level of the Panthers, I think it's very high, which is why I don't think the Front Office or college scouting staff/director should be let go. The issue is with the Head Coach and his brand of 'doing just enough not to lose' football.

I remember when we signed Keyshawn Johnson thinking with a great #2 Receiver with Smith, we'd be hard to stop.

Instead, Jake couldn't get him the ball and it was an ugly season. Leading to Jarrett getting drafted with a 2nd rounder only for him to do nothing until he got a chance to play with Matt Moore as QB.

It all hinges on who our QB is next season, and how they play.

Jake Delhomme is one lucky guy, had Fox not had a hard on for him I wonder if he'd ever got a chance anywhere else in the NFL. He couldn't even overtake Aarron Brooks for the QB job.

Ha, it's not that clear cut, but obviously the QB position is vital in football. A player like Manning or Brees for example elevate their teams to another level through their excellent play. Granted we've been hampered by Delhomme's play, but I honestly don't think Moore is that much better than Jake. We're in need of an upgrade at that position.

As for the talent level of the Panthers, I think it's very high, which is why I don't think the Front Office or college scouting staff/director should be let go. The issue is with the Head Coach and his brand of 'doing just enough not to lose' football.

The Ravens have shown for the past 2 years that good defense and a running game makes up for a quarterback who is struggling. Both NE and CIN have found that if you quarterback struggles and you got nothing else, you are pretty much done.

Neither Moore or Jake had to be great just make some plays and not turn over the ball. Moore played well but foremost he didn't turn over the ball much at all which frankly is all we need.

Archived