• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why do we still throw to Ian Thomas?

BIGH2001

Ian thomas’ contract extension is legit one of the most inexplicable contracts in team history. It’s not the money necessarily. The panthers have an out after this season that they’ll probably take. I can’t imagine they’re going to pay his ass 3.25 mil next year. His contract will end up being 2 years, 9 mil, 3 mill dead cap. Maybe the tape says his blocking is worth 5 mil a year I dunno. Money is fake in the NFL. 

Ian thomas has no fuging idea how to play football. I am not exaggerating. He has not produced at any level. His senior year at Indiana he had 25 catches for 376 yards. He just doesn’t do anything with the football. 

and you can see it when he runs routes. You can see him thinking “okay ten steps, stop, turn to my left, hands up.” He has no moves, no hands, and no idea what he’s doing. He’s literally going through motions. 

There was a play last year where he caught a pass in the flat. It was like third and seven and he was five yards from a first down. There were two DBs closing in on him but he’d absolutely have the down if he just put his head forward and ran. He had a head of steam too. It would have been mike Tolbert v Eric Reid. 

instead he looked like he tried to dive???? But instead of diving he just fell straight down to the ground. The only reason I remember it so vividly is that he stopped like…instantly. no momentum, no slide, just a player in motion who then ceased to be in motion. 

Ian thomas sucks so hard he defies the laws of physics. 

and all the teams know it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they leave him uncovered. That Td drop? The other team was obviously in zone otherwise the safety wouldn’t have bothered covering him. As a defense, if you see a pass heading towards a wide open Ian thomas, than the game plan is working perfectly. 

he obviously can’t catch. He can’t run routes. He literally looks like he doesn’t want to play football. You can MAYBE justify him an EP power blocking scheme, where it’s just “block him” but he’s completely lost in this zone scheme. He and Ickey better be sitting at the front of the room in offensive meetings. 

just an amazingly incompetent football player. Mind boggling.