• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That other guy we let walk

WarHeel

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

They are both better. Better pass catchers, better at blocking and better runners. They aren't sitting him for no reason. He was signed for cheap. He is not better than Johnson or Herbert. 

This is the point. We could have kept him, had way better production than Sanders. Even if he was playing 2nd to Hubbard.

Just now, WarHeel said:

This is the point. We could have kept him, had way better production than Sanders. Even if he was playing 2nd to Hubbard.

I'm not sure where you are getting the he had way better production than Sanders. Going into the offseason last season Sanders was one of the top RBs in rushing yards and he had shown via previous seasons he's a better pass catcher than Foreman. It hasn't worked out but Foreman isn't the guy I am hanging my hat on in arguments. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I'm not sure where you are getting the he had way better production than Sanders. Going into the offseason last season Sanders was one of the top RBs in rushing yards and he had shown via previous seasons he's a better pass catcher than Foreman. It hasn't worked out but Foreman isn't the guy I am hanging my hat on in arguments. 

I’m talking about this year. I care more when a guy can be productive with a less than stellar line and weapons around him than a guy who thrives off everyone around him. Sanders did well with a perfect offense around him last year. Big whoop. 

• Beer 1

Just now, WarHeel said:

I’m talking about this year. I care more when a guy can be productive with a less than stellar line and weapons around him than a guy who thrives off everyone around him. Sanders did well with a perfect offense around him last year. Big whoop. 

You are trying to play the hindsight game. Foreman could be doing nothing for us but getting stuffed on early downs while Sanders could have been somewhere else being super productive all based on their usage. Saying in hindsight we could have made a different decision doesn't do any good. We could have talked to Foreman and he decided to take his talents elsewhere. 

Just now, Varking said:

You are trying to play the hindsight game. Foreman could be doing nothing for us but getting stuffed on early downs while Sanders could have been somewhere else being super productive all based on their usage. Saying in hindsight we could have made a different decision doesn't do any good. We could have talked to Foreman and he decided to take his talents elsewhere. 

There’s a whole lot of “could be” and “should be.” It’s an organization’s job to weigh those odds. Teams that have signed or traded for our former players are batting 1000. That’s the point. 

Just now, WarHeel said:

There’s a whole lot of “could be” and “should be.” It’s an organization’s job to weigh those odds. Teams that have signed or traded for our former players are batting 1000. That’s the point. 

Now you are just being dramatic. It's easy to pretend somebody would blow up in your offense when they aren't here. That is no different than "could be" or "should be". And other teams absolutely have not bat 1000 signing the guys we let go or traded away. Are you looking at one specific use case? Do you know how much roster turnover there is each season? It is difficult to take this conversation seriously at the moment. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Now you are just being dramatic. It's easy to pretend somebody would blow up in your offense when they aren't here. That is no different than "could be" or "should be". And other teams absolutely have not bat 1000 signing the guys we let go or traded away. Are you looking at one specific use case? Do you know how much roster turnover there is each season? It is difficult to take this conversation seriously at the moment. 

Am I being dramatic or just speaking facts? About the only situation I can think of that’s been positive for us is Theilen coming from MN. But they literally have a generational WR in Jefferson so who really cares when you let the old man walk.

Sounds like you’re being an organizational apologist. If you enjoy mediocrity that’s fine. But I’m going to call it like it is.

5 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Am I being dramatic or just speaking facts? About the only situation I can think of that’s been positive for us is Theilen coming from MN. But they literally have a generational WR in Jefferson so who really cares when you let the old man walk.

Sounds like you’re being an organizational apologist. If you enjoy mediocrity that’s fine. But I’m going to call it like it is.

And now you are making assumptions about me lol. That is a big swing and a miss, too. I've been very critical of this organization for too long. And yes, you are being dramatic and not speaking of facts. Teams are batting 1000 for signing our old guys like Kyle Allen, Taylor H, Sam Darnold, Teddy B, Cam Newton? Teams don't bat 1000. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

And now you are making assumptions about me lol. That is a big swing and a miss, too. I've been very critical of this organization for too long. And yes, you are being dramatic and not speaking of facts. Teams are batting 1000 for signing our old guys like Kyle Allen, Taylor H, Sam Darnold, Teddy B, Cam Newton? Teams don't bat 1000. 

Now you’re comparing apples to oranges. Every dude you just mentioned were JAG QBs with the exception of Cam who was a shell of himself when we neglected to sign him. 

No one was expecting them to leave here and make noise. And they haven’t. Can’t say the same for Moore, Foreman, CMC, etc.

Just now, WarHeel said:

Now you’re comparing apples to oranges. Every dude you just mentioned were JAG QBs with the exception of Cam who was a shell of himself when we neglected to sign him. 

No one was expecting them to leave here and make noise. And they haven’t. Can’t say the same for Moore, Foreman, CMC, etc.

You said teams signing our guys we let walk was batting 1000.... stop moving the goalposts. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

You said teams signing our guys we let walk was batting 1000.... stop moving the goalposts. 

It was implied that I meant guys that teams would be conflicted to keep around if not for the salary cap.

You're just being a contrarian at this point.

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

It was implied that I meant guys that teams would be conflicted to keep around if not for the salary cap.

You're just being a contrarian at this point.

I was just chatting with you based on your words. I didn't want to make any assumptions about something you didn't actually write out. So apologies for missing the moving goalposts of your implied thoughts that you left out. All good! 

• Beer 1