• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone with Executive Board Experience know....

Hotsauce

What does a Parliamentarian do for a board of directors?

The president of the board of directors for my home owners association wants me to become this role. I have no idea what it means, other than googling it.

My HOA just voted a new board member on, and he has been very disruptive. He has questioned the legality of our meetings and has been nuisance to everyone on the board. We are holding a board meeting tonight, and this guy wants to run for the Parli., however the board doesnt want him in this position. The pres. asked me last night if I would fill this role (to keep other guy from getting it).

This new guy has been threatening the other board members with legal action because he "feels our meetings our illegal!?!?!?" Its silly because our board has been around for 15 years, and everyone is experienced in their roles. He wants to allocate $500 for a civil engineer to do a study to dredge the neighborhood ponds, which would end up costing $100,000's, and the neighborhood is against this. All this guy is, is an old retired man, with nothing better to do than cause problems. I am not just saying that, he is crazy.

Anyone have HOA or BOD experience can chime in with what I should do? Because i have no experience in Executive boards, I have no idea if I should get involved with this role, being that this nutcase is threatening us.

Archived