• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Tepper is smart he goes after Jim Harbaugh.

CamWhoaaCam

14 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

He also wants a Jon Gruden like contract so that alone is reason enough to not hire him besides the current cheating scandal.

There's also word that he wants the Bears job.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:36 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Deion and Shadeur sign me the hell up!

A coach who can't even win at the college level? 

We already tried that.

(so did the Cardinals)

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's also word that he wants the Bears job.

A coach who can't even win at the college level? 

We already tried that.

(so did the Cardinals)

I hope he gets Da Bears gig....will NFL players buy into his personality like college players do? We NEED Wilks back cause our players responds to him!!! Admit you made a mistake Tepper and bring Wilks back like Pronto!!!

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article270047637.html

On 11/12/2023 at 4:19 PM, Day1PanthersFan said:

We had that in Wilks, everyone played better under him , when Darnold came back he looked like the game had slowed down and he wasn't seeing ghosts anymore 

If SF fires him , we should correct that mistake

Exactly!!!  Why would anyone want this kind of absurdity?!?

17 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

I hope he gets Da Bears gig....will NFL players buy into his personality like college players do? We NEED Wilks back cause our players responds to him!!! Admit you made a mistake Tepper and bring Wilks back like Pronto!!!

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article270047637.html

There is no chance Tepper brings Wilks back. I doubt Wilks would even want the job.

We just need to go all in on Jim Harbaugh. He's the only HC who would tell Tepper to STFU and stay out of the way.

On 10/24/2023 at 6:56 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

HC don't count against the cap. Tepper is the 2nd richest owner in the NFL. Pay Harbaugh and give him full control. Things are getting ugly at Michigan and Harbaugh will most likely look to jump back to the pros. This has Pete Carrol leaving USC written all over it.

Tepper do the right thing give Harbaugh full control and let him turn this franchise around.

Thoughts on Jim Harbaugh as HC next season?

Okay , first: this bias against people with experience is not really a valid policy.

You follow that and a person who doesn’t win in his first opportunity is effectively barred from having a second chance.

You are ensuring that every person in charge is a rookie at doing it. 

There are so many downsides to that approach it would take the afternoon to articulate them. 

I don’t see it, obviously, as fair. Nor is it likely to be any *more* effective than employing a person with good judgement that has examined each candidate, case by individual case, and giving a thumbs up, a maybe, or a thumbs down. Probably less, especially using only people with no experience at being HC in the NFL. 

Just find the best fit. Requirements: be a bad ass innovative tough minded individual that can work with his head pulled out of the “book” and on a swivel. To start with. 

Now, as far as Harbaugh, A Harbaugh with another name, or other people that “we” would generally accept as being at least possibly able to buy the groceries And cook the meal…. Any candidate with those types of qualifications, I am inclined to want to try just about the only thing that hasn’t been tried. So yeah, do that. 

I am thinking along the lines of, Number One Requirement: Be a “no” man. Do what you think is best, not what Tepper thinks is best. If those  two things intersect, fine no problem.

To misquote Buffalo Springfield: “Everybody’s right or everybody’s wrong”.

I would do it with double pay. Appaloosa stock options, whatever. 

The idea is seriously maximum pay and a very short leash in years. A rollover one year, fine. Roll it, don’t roll it. 

One last thing: No trading future assets. Pay as you go.

It doesn’t work everyone can get out with minimum damage. 

What else has not been tried? 

Make Tepper the GM, and CEO HC? Nah, we have tried that. 

Edited by stratocatter

On 11/15/2023 at 7:18 AM, CamWhoaaCam said:

There is no chance Tepper brings Wilks back. I doubt Wilks would even want the job.

We just need to go all in on Jim Harbaugh. He's the only HC who would tell Tepper to STFU and stay out of the way.

Why would Tepper want to hire a guy who would tell him to STFU as you put it?!?!? That make no sense but if Tepper wants his players to be overachievers including your Sam D, then Wilks is the guy i finally understand. Can you understand that too? Its about WINNING, NOT cheating my friend.

Make it happen Tepper, bring Wilks back NOW!!!!!!

On 11/14/2023 at 1:30 AM, GhostWhispah said:

I just cannot subscribe to cheating as a way to win games....sorry 😞

I don't get it....So he cheated at Michigan, should we deny him every coaching gig the rest of his life? I couldn't care less if he produces a winner and stays out of trouble if he were coaching the Panthers. There is so much "cheating" that goes in in sports. PED's for one and much more usage than the media even reports on. Every time a player holds on purpose to spring a play and does not get caught its still cheating technically. Bill Belicheat will go down as the greatest coach ever and is a well known seasoned cheater. The greatest QB ever Tom the douche nozzle Brady deflated footballs for god knows how long and is a cheater. Personally I just don't care and if nobody was murdered or seriously hurt I think everyone deserves a second chance.

• Pie 1