• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Week 9 or also known as 'As the Harbrough Turns'

jayboogieman

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But that was the baseline when Mack was hired. Without him we very easily could still be floundered around. He was hired to revitalize the program. That's what he's done.  What part of that are you failing to comprehend?

I comprehend that there is winning national championships and there is not winning national championships.  I take zero pride in pounding my chest that we played Tennessee in the Orange Bowl, or having kids drafted first overall.  

If our team sucked, and our kids should be playing at JUCOs, I'd be as stoked as you are to be 6-1, and most likely 8-4 when we lose to Duke, State and Clemson.  But we have a great team, who is led by mediocre coaches.  

Yes, 8-4 is better than 3-9, but that's not the point.  

Just now, JVic said:

I comprehend that there is winning national championships and there is not winning national championships.  I take zero pride in pounding my chest that we played Tennessee in the Orange Bowl, or having kids drafted first overall.  

If our team sucked, and our kids should be playing at JUCOs, I'd be as stoked as you are to be 6-1, and most likely 8-4 when we lose to Duke, State and Clemson.  But we have a great team, who is led by mediocre coaches.  

Yes, 8-4 is better than 3-9, but that's not the point.  

Good grief. This is the type of stuff that gets fanbases mocked.

I really hope folks understand that the above is not a representative take.