• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football: Week 10

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

"That's a bold strategy, Cott...Nah hell man, that's just stupid!" 😕

Everyone on the Colorado team about to turn into that a hole from Remember the Titans that let the defender through and got the QB knocked out.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Meanwhile in Michigan...

There was word that the school was preparing to give Harbaugh a contract extension that would have made him the highest paid coach in college football but it's now on hold.

The NCAA needs to get this poo figured out ASAP. Michigan looks damn good. Very possible we could be looking at a vacated title in a couple of years.

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

That would be fine behind the scenes.  That's not what Deion did.  He went to the media and told the media all those kids would be gone. 

I don't know things will be much different.    I think there are questions about how playing for Deion actually is.  Same for coaching for him.  I wouldn't want my uber talented kid playing for him.  See Travis Hunter as the example of why not.   I also think it might be hard for him to get the type players he needs to actually round out the roster that makes a good team.  The non-super stars types.  Deion doesn't look attractive unless you have odds to be part of his reality show. 

You just seem to be holding him to a high standard.

That Colorado program won 1 game all last season. You wouldn't be saying this for any other coach in the country.

Deion has already won if we being honest.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That Colorado program won 1 game all last season. You wouldn't be saying this for any other coach in the country.

To be fair, no other coach in the country would be publicly saying he's booting his entire OL after the season is over when he still has four games to play. 

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would blast any HC that went to the media with 4 games left and said he would be replacing his OL next year. 

I would blast any coach HC that has done what Deion did with Travis Hunter. 

Deion isn't being held to some weirdly high standard with any of that.   

Deion is essentially is a fake TV character.  Always has been.  And in all honesty, he gets pass on a lot of behavior most coaches wouldn't get. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would blast any HC that went to the media with 4 games left and said he would be replacing his OL next year. 

I would blast any coach HC that has done what Deion did with Travis Hunter. 

Deion isn't being held to some weirdly high standard with any of that.   

Deion is essentially is a fake TV character.  Always has been.  And in all honesty, he gets pass on a lot of behavior most coaches wouldn't get. 

Either you love him or hate him no in between.

31 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Either you love him or hate him no in between.

that's how people like to frame most discussions. 

I think Sanders has/had potential to be a good HC.   And I frankly was very high on him at Jackson State.  Really liked what he did there.  

I don't think think from the start to present day at Colorado has been an impressive example of Sanders the HC.  Think it is highlighting a lot of his flaws.  And frankly, I think the fact his kids play there is a double edged sword for him as HC.  It's basically bringing out and highlighting his flaws.  Probably creating them too. 

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

that's how people like to frame most discussions. 

I think Sanders has/had potential to be a good HC.   And I frankly was very high on him at Jackson State.  Really liked what he did there.  

I don't think think from the start to present day at Colorado has been an impressive example of Sanders the HC.  Think it is highlighting a lot of his flaws.  And frankly, I think the fact his kids play there is a double edged sword for him as HC.  It's basically bringing out and highlighting his flaws.  Probably creating them too. 

I mean his team is pretty flawed. Defense has been trash since the beginning of the season. The Oline is the worst in the country. He has skill position players but this game is won in the trenches. 

Not sure we are questioning him as a HC when he actually gets the big boys on the line. I think next year is when we can truly judge him. He looked great early on, now he looks bad as of late. Im just looking at his roster and he really can't do anything until he gets all of his recruits. This team was created over night.