• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Brandt tells people to "pump the brakes" on calling Bryce Young a bust

Dorian Gray

5 minutes ago, Brent Gregory said:

I use the eye test. Sure rookie qbs lose games. The good ones also show you why they're good even while losing. Young has shown he was the product of 2 great systems. Elite talent in Highschool and elite talent in College propped him up. Also SEC defenses absolutely sucked while he started at Bama. Now the NFL has shown that. If this kid played at Wake or NC state he would've been undrafted. He has 0 tools for nfl success and its very apparent.  The sooner they cut ties from this colossal draft mistake the sooner Tepper can get on to making other mistakes......

Looking like it. 

This was my angle a year before while discussing QB’s in the Corral draft. 

Everyone drooling over Young/Stroud…but the unanswerable question mark was how much success was them vs. the talent around them. 

Pickett/Corral/Howell, etc didn’t have the supporting casts that Young/Stroud did. 

Stroud has already shown he is an individually talented player. 

Young? Still waiting. Not looking likely. 

• Beer 1

Not much to look forward to and I think that says everything.

The sooner the team moves on from the people that have to justify the pick the sooner we get a real look at him doing things those people have gone to great lengths to avoid. Start at Bryce under center plays with power running and then some play action under center while seeing if that helps open up the other parts of the offense.