• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Retooling the offensive approach...

Mr. Scot

16 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Where was that?

Thomas Brown has had just more than seven weeks since he agreed to terms to become the Panthers' new offensive coordinator to work on building a new playbook from the ground up.

But the new playbook is ready for players on Monday, the first day they'll officially return for the offseason program. It'll likely feel similar to the first day of school, as Brown will get to teaching immediately. He said that process comes naturally to him, as the son of a teacher and a pastor.

Brown's experiences – especially his past with the Rams – color the Panthers' new playbook. Input from head coach Frank Reich and position coaches, along with their roster evaluations, have also played vital roles.

And yes, the playbook was built from the ground up.

"The beginning for myself and the rest of the staff was really breaking everything down to build it back up," Brown said. "So building a brand-new offense from ground zero essentially based on what we've done before, both myself in my previous experiences from the Rams, but also in college as well. Then kind of blending together with what Frank has done, and guys in the room as well."

Thomas Brown dives into the work behind creating an all new playbook

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Thomas Brown has had just more than seven weeks since he agreed to terms to become the Panthers' new offensive coordinator to work on building a new playbook from the ground up.

But the new playbook is ready for players on Monday, the first day they'll officially return for the offseason program. It'll likely feel similar to the first day of school, as Brown will get to teaching immediately. He said that process comes naturally to him, as the son of a teacher and a pastor.

Brown's experiences – especially his past with the Rams – color the Panthers' new playbook. Input from head coach Frank Reich and position coaches, along with their roster evaluations, have also played vital roles.

And yes, the playbook was built from the ground up.

"The beginning for myself and the rest of the staff was really breaking everything down to build it back up," Brown said. "So building a brand-new offense from ground zero essentially based on what we've done before, both myself in my previous experiences from the Rams, but also in college as well. Then kind of blending together with what Frank has done, and guys in the room as well."

Thomas Brown dives into the work behind creating an all new playbook

Lol panthers.com

1 minute ago, PantherPhann89 said:

How should they be used to keep them from being passed back, bullrushed, getting to the RB when he touches the back or just beat off the line? 

In a man / power, run heavy scheme like we had last year.

If you want to put them in a zone blocking scheme for a WCO, you have to make some adjustments (Ickey to guard, someone more agile to left tackle).