• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if, and hear me out here, Bryce Young is not actually some cerebral genius QB

electro's horse

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'll say this unequivocally; I do not believe that you can call Bryce Young a bust right now and I don't think we should treat him as such. It's way too soon to know what he is regardless.

With that said...

I do think it's going to be necessary next year to sign a backup who can not only mentor him but also compete with him if his issues continue.

Mind you, some of those issues may not be all his fault. The David Carr treatment that he's receiving this season could certainly have an effect.

Either way though, I think that's something you have to factor into the coming offseason's personnel strategy.

we did sign someone that can compete with him and his name is andy dalton, I seriously doubt they will sign anyone else in the offseason.  Dalton is here for another year

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we did sign someone that can compete with him and his name is andy dalton, I seriously doubt they will sign anyone else in the offseason.  Dalton is here for another year

Dalton isn't starter material anymore, and definitely not a long-term starter.

We need to look for somebody that's got that kind of potential, even if it's via the draft rather than free agency.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dalton is guaranteed here next season because of his contract.  

I think there are few guarantees this point. The Teppers will be the owners next year and we don't have our #1 pick. 

There are no contracts on the books that couldn't be tossed and eaten in dead cap. 'Is that smart' is a whole other conversation and it's one I don't even want to have personally. We also have no idea who will still be here next year and who won't making these decisions in the fallout of this years massive failures.