• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Years of bad decisions

PantherPhann89

11 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dunedin is worth 1 billion.  Panthers are worth close to 5 billion.  Explain to me how that would work.  

It isn't just about wealth , Dundon is 100 times smarter about running an organization than either Tepper, David or Nicole 

He turned the Canes from a yearly bottom feeder to a yearly championship contender,and he didn't micro manage, he let the Hockey savvy people buy the groceries and cook 

Edited by Day1PanthersFan

18 hours ago, BrianS said:

You're wrong on multiple counts. 

Cam was toast and needed to go.  We didn't handle it well, at all, but the decision was the right one.  The potential compensatory pick for Cam is a flea on the a^# of the issue.

Bridgewater had a three year contract.  He should have been here for all of it.  How much did we sacrifice for deciding Bridgewater wasn't our guy after one year?  The mistake wasn't signing Bridgewater, though perhaps we overpaid a bit, the mistake was getting rid of him. 

How many draft picks did we surrender by cutting TB5?  How many players did we then get rid of because of it?  How much dead cap did we incur?  It was an absolutely horror show, and it all goes back to our owner not being patient.  Make no mistake, our owner drove the QB frenzy train.

We lost the third round comp pick for Bradbury by signing Teddy. That's the real cost, not the cash.

But are real problem is drafting.

If I claim we drafted 0 above average starts since 2021, can anyone real argue? Sure, Horn if he was ever healthy but other then him? Heck, I can change it to 0 average starters and, expect maybe Ikem, it still holds up.

4 hours ago, Thorrez said:

We lost the third round comp pick for Bradbury by signing Teddy. That's the real cost, not the cash.

But are real problem is drafting.

If I claim we drafted 0 above average starts since 2021, can anyone real argue? Sure, Horn if he was ever healthy but other then him? Heck, I can change it to 0 average starters and, expect maybe Ikem, it still holds up.

Yes, that's another one of many...