• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The “best” thing Tepper has done is unite what’s left of the fanbase.

hepcat

40 minutes ago, Mayor Qumiby said:

Tepper trying to quietly eliminate or at least reduce the presence of the "Keep Pounding" mantra is what made me lose my respect for him. Although it was a short lived, failed attempt it still was a low move.  I seriously think he wanted to replace it with the dumbass chest beat and grunt from Wolf of Wall Street 

Yea...the fans/team had an identity of never giving up.... he minimalized it and tried to get rid of it to only replace it with nothing...Dipper is such a gimp...

2 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I live in GA and football is alive and well. It’s mainly high school and college. My local high schools send a bunch of talent to the NFL. Nick Chubb and Trevor Lawrence grew up 20 minutes away. Nick still comes to the high school to work out in the off-season. Nobody here follows NFl. 

I’m a little over an hour from Atlanta, but there are probably 20 UGA fans to every 1 Falcons fan. College football if it hasn’t already, will surpass NFL. Kids in college football don’t take plays off.

The product as a whole when it comes to the NFL has decreased drastically. Fans don’t want to see opponents hugging it out at the end of the game. It’s a violent game, but the ability to play with violence is no longer allowed.  

You are sadly mistaken if you think college football isn't on just as shaky ground.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

We have sucked for 6 straight years, it’s definitely going to have an effect here in NC with fan interaction….but let’s not act like the NFL is doing bad and that people aren’t into the NFL anymore. They are killing tv ratings each week, even with some horribly matched games this year. 

The problem is that they are very rapidly losing the sub-30 crowd. That means the future will be extremely bleak.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I was here through the inception and downfall of the Hornets. It's a similar arc he is creating.

I pretty much stopped watching the NBA about 20 years ago but those Larry Johnson/Alonzo Mourning teams were fun to watch. Once it morphed into being a no defense three point shooting contest league it just wasn't interesting anymore IMO.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I pretty much stopped watching the NBA about 20 years ago but those Larry Johnson/Alonzo Mourning teams were fun to watch. Once it morphed into being a no defense three point shooting contest league it just wasn't interesting anymore IMO.

I still like the NBA and watch some but it is just such a long season. 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I still like the NBA and watch some but it is just such a long season. 

I don't know how people can care about the regular seasons in NBA and MLB. 

People bitch about NBA players slacking and taking games off but when you look at the number of games they play and their travel schedules, you have to. You can't go hard every single night for 82 games (you're talking about potentially triple digits for teams in the Finals) with all that travel. People say well I could for all that money but I'm sorry, money doesn't overcome biology. When you're exhausted and beat up you're still exhausted and beat up, you just have a lot of money in the bank to show for it.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know how people can care about the regular seasons in NBA and MLB. 

People bitch about NBA players slacking and taking games off but when you look at the number of games they play and their travel schedules, you have to. You can't go hard every single night for 82 games (you're talking about potentially triple digits for teams in the Finals) with all that travel. People say well I could for all that money but I'm sorry, money doesn't overcome biology. When you're exhausted and beat up you're still exhausted and beat up, you just have a lot of money in the bank to show for it.

Like NASAR...I only watch the last 40 laps....with the Hornets and any NBA BS I only watch the last 5 mins...and MLB...only watch Corey Segar cause I watched him play against my son in HS....The products are really diluted.  

Edited by Johnstonny

5 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Like NASAR...I only watch the last 40 laps....with the Hornets and any NBA BS I only watch the last 5 mins...and MLB...only watch Corey Segar cause I watched him play against my son in HS....The products are really diluted.  

NASCAR died to me when Davey Allison crashed that helicopter in Talladega. They turned it into IROC trying to make every car the exact same. It just got boring.

6 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

LMAO... i live a mile from CLT speedway...i only go to watch the drunks...

The last NASCAR race I went to, Davey Allison and Dale Earnhardt finished top 3 in Rockingham. I was probably like 10.

It was wonderful. I loved Davey and hated Dale and they battled it out at the top of the pack all day. The place went wild when Davey would pass Dale, even in NC.