• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King talks David Tepper

Mr. Scot

So you are saying I would be a shitty leader if I did that? Maybe but I just won't have that sort of stuff going on. It is cancerous.

I like to think I would be able to screen that stuff out in the hiring  process.

edit: and I’d have fired a scout that said Bryce Young should be the target to go after with all of my assets. 

Edited by stratocatter

16 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

So you are saying I would be a shitty leader if I did that? Maybe but I just won't have that sort of stuff going on. It is cancerous.

I like to think I would be able to screen that stuff out in the hiring  process.

edit: and I’d have fired a scout that said Bryce Young should be the target to go after with all of my assets. 

I think if you want employees going around stabbing each other in the back, then yeah, you're a sh-tty leader.

I agree with the take that if somebody came to me doing that crap, I'd probably fire them.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I think if you want employees going around stabbing each other in the back, then yeah, you're a sh-tty leader.

I agree with the take that if somebody came to me doing that crap, I'd probably fire them.

I think we agree somewhere in all this poorly expressed opinion fest. 

To be clear, there will be no backstabbers in My Kingdom, if I ever get one. 

1 minute ago, stratocatter said:

I think we agree somewhere in all this poorly expressed opinion fest. 

To be clear, there will be no backstabbers in My Kingdom, if I ever get one. 

I agreed with your original assessment that temper should have fired the first coach that came to him talking badly about Reich. A good leader doesn't want somebody like that in their organization.

But apparently Tepper does 😕

Didn't want to bump a thread from Nov 2021 onto the main timeline, but what was shared by a different team's employee then seems to hold true today -- that everything we were/have experienced starts with the owner, and that coaches may be hampered in what they want to do with what ownership is requesting/demanding.

First, I think the reason he tried to get Reich to go outside his circle was tied to his experience with Rhule hiring everyone who had played or coached with him.  

Second, Reich had to be fired.  Yes, there are other coaches who lost too, but the team showed no improvement on offense, in fact it regressed or at the very least stagnated.  They were as cohesive as a cubist painter on an acid trip and none of the rushing, blocking or passing concepts seemed to fit together.  It wasn't who was calling or running the plays, it's the plays and schemes themselves.  If Bryce's footwork was a problem, that should have been addressed in training camp.  Not trying to learn some anemic offensive system.  Let's not forget the amount of false start penalties.  Something was definitely wrong with the system.  That's the head coach's responsibility.  Frank was brought in the help bring an offensive identity to the Carolinas.  That identity was not supposed to be The Three Stooges.  

Starting Sanders over Hubbard should be reason enough to fire the coach.  But we just kept sticking with it.

• Beer 1