• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So San Diego...

Ricky Spanish

To be honest, Brees didn't really look good until his last season in San Diego. He was pretty much considered a bust before then, even getting benched in favor of Doug Flutie once.

If only Brees had signed with Miami instead. . .

Drew Brees is 31, Philip Rivers is 28. When Philip Rivers is 31 and doesn't have a SB ring, then you can say they made a mistake.

Rivers is a top QB in the league and probably would have been in the SB had Kaeding done his job and kicked field goals.

*also, them letting Michael Turner go was by far the bigger mistake, now they're stuck with a worn out LT and Sproles(who doesn't have the body to be an every down back.) They'll be stuck using their 1st round on a RB this year.

I think the biggest mistake was getting rid of Marty.

marty can't win in the playoffs. it's no coincidence, and he wasn't just getting unlucky.

the only questionable decision was hiring norv turner, who has actually done surprisingly well.

as well as phillip rivers has played in san diego, i'm sure its hard to swallow a super bowl where peyton manning (1 pick away from having him) and drew brees (let him walk for nothing) squared off.

I don't really see Brees as being better than Rivers. Either way, it's pretty ridiculous to assume that San Diego would have won the SB if they had Brees.

Brees is better than little mr. bitchy pants. not only does he not throw like a girl, he also has the uncanny ability to keep his mouth shut. He also has a Lombardi trophy and Rivers doesn't.

I'd say he's better

Brees is better than little mr. bitchy pants. not only does he not throw like a girl, he also has the uncanny ability to keep his mouth shut. He also has a Lombardi trophy and Rivers doesn't.

I'd say he's better

screw brees we are gonna hit him so hard next season his face mole is gonna relocate to his a*S

Rivers will definently at least GET to a Super Bowl in his career. Now winning one? I just don't know how much longer the Chargers will be competitive with their star players starting to age. LT made that offense dominant. Brees, as of right now, is the better QB.

Rivers will definently at least GET to a Super Bowl in his career. Now winning one? I just don't know how much longer the Chargers will be competitive with their star players starting to age. LT made that offense dominant. Brees, as of right now, is the better QB.
LT struggled this year and they were fine. Plus, RB is one of the easiest positions to replace. Being in a pretty weak division, they still have window of another couple of years, and maybe longer since they've drafted pretty well.

... How's that whole Philip Rivers thing working out for you?

Eli Maning was traded for Phillip Rivers and what eventually became Merriman and Kaeding. Next Rivers sat on the bench for two years while Brees started. At the end of the 2005 season Brees blew out his shoulder and was questionable as to how he would rehab. The Chargers had Rivers ready to go and decided to let Brees, a FA walk. Probably a decision that had to be made.

Rivers is 46 and 18 in his first four season as a starter, I think the Bolts will be OK, they just need a running back so Rivers isn't forced to become Dan Fouts.

I'd trade Brees for Rivers in a heartbeat, but that's just me. Upside the next 5-8 years looks much better. We'll see.

Archived