• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Preds 7:30

KingKucci

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

He is snake bit and I’m not really sure what to do in this situation. At least we got a point. 

Cory isn’t the only one saying it either. 

I think you probably gotta waive him and flounder around for a replacement guy. 

IDK what is going on but we can't keep getting shelled like this. The mistake people are making is thinking this hasn't been the entire season. While he was winning games, he was allowing a LOT of goals.

He does seem like a very nice dude but processional sports is ultimately about trying to succeed. Whatever is happening, is causing him to basically be almost the sole reason we are losing games. 

It just is what it is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think you probably gotta waive him and flounder around for a replacement guy. 

IDK what is going on but we can't keep getting shelled like this. The mistake people are making is thinking this hasn't been the entire season. While he was winning games, he was allowing a LOT of goals.

He does seem like a very nice dude but processional sports is ultimately about trying to succeed. Whatever is happening, is causing him to basically be almost the sole reason we are losing games. 

It just is what it is.

Ya I can’t help but think even on a back to back Pyotr would have won last night. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Ya I can’t help but think even on a back to back Pyotr would have won last night. 

Agreed. Pyotr is far from perfect but the slump Raanta is in his historically bad(franchise-wise). He has never even come in the same ballpark as this bad his entire NHL career.

He's not a young guy, so maybe this is the sign that it's starting to come to a close on his career.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Agreed. Pyotr is far from perfect but the slump Raanta is in his historically bad(franchise-wise). He has never even come in the same ballpark as this bad his entire NHL career.

He's not a young guy, so maybe this is the sign that it's starting to come to a close on his career.

Pyotr is starting to build up steam, two back to back good performances plus he’s young he could have handled the work load. I’m still convinced Raanta has a major LBI and is only playing out of necessity. 

I legit feel for Raanta. I like the dude and the way he’s played(up until this season. He was a very serviceable backup and the past few years he’s put up record numbers. Something just ain’t right. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

I thought I'd give it 12 hours after last night's game before I said anything about what I witnessed last night. So, here goes:

1. Raanta was terrible and everyone in the building knew what kind of night it was going to be after Nashville's first goal. Soft, weak and nothing on it, yet Raanta failed to stop it. Nashville scored 6 last night, and, if I'm being generous, an average goalie might have let 3 of those by, maybe even 2.

2. The Canes stayed in the game the majority of the first 2 periods. They never came out of the locker room for the third. They had no legs, Nashville spent the entire period in the offensive zone and the gaps and spacing were huge because Carolina couldn't stay on their man.  

3. Canes never had an offensive set in their O-zone in the 3rd period last night. Whoever could make entry was just throwing the puck at the net and moving on. Nashville won all the board battles and 50/50 pucks, their forecheck was strong and the Canes had nothing for them except hope that a 2 goal lead would stand.

4. Raanta is shell-shocked. The Tampa Bay debacle is in his head, his season is now in his head and he might not recover from this. He was nothing short of atrocious last night. In my opinion, he needs to stay on the bench and Pyotr needs to become the 1. Raanta may have to play the 2nd day of a back-to-back, but no way should he be 1A-1B with Pyotr. 

The Might Mites who played between periods last night could have scored on Raanta.

There's no way this is a playoff team right now. If you score 5 goals in an NHL game and can't win, there are several issues that need to be addressed.

If the Canes don't come back from the holiday break and start winning games and getting some defensive production, this season will be over by the All-Star break.

Oh, and might I remind you that RBA doesn't yet have a contract for next year. Not saying he should be canned or remotely close, but, you gotta wonder....

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I thought I'd give it 12 hours after last night's game before I said anything about what I witnessed last night. So, here goes:

1. Raanta was terrible and everyone in the building knew what kind of night it was going to be after Nashville's first goal. Soft, weak and nothing on it, yet Raanta failed to stop it. Nashville scored 6 last night, and, if I'm being generous, an average goalie might have let 3 of those by, maybe even 2.

2. The Canes stayed in the game the majority of the first 2 periods. They never came out of the locker room for the third. They had no legs, Nashville spent the entire period in the offensive zone and the gaps and spacing were huge because Carolina couldn't stay on their man.  

3. Canes never had an offensive set in their O-zone in the 3rd period last night. Whoever could make entry was just throwing the puck at the net and moving on. Nashville won all the board battles and 50/50 pucks, their forecheck was strong and the Canes had nothing for them except hope that a 2 goal lead would stand.

4. Raanta is shell-shocked. The Tampa Bay debacle is in his head, his season is now in his head and he might not recover from this. He was nothing short of atrocious last night. In my opinion, he needs to stay on the bench and Pyotr needs to become the 1. Raanta may have to play the 2nd day of a back-to-back, but no way should he be 1A-1B with Pyotr. 

The Might Mites who played between periods last night could have scored on Raanta.

There's no way this is a playoff team right now. If you score 5 goals in an NHL game and can't win, there are several issues that need to be addressed.

If the Canes don't come back from the holiday break and start winning games and getting some defensive production, this season will be over by the All-Star break.

Oh, and might I remind you that RBA doesn't yet have a contract for next year. Not saying he should be canned or remotely close, but, you gotta wonder....

I was hot last night too.  I have to say, I agree with all points. After sleeping and sobering up a little here my thoughts. 

1.  Gotta make a trade for a goalie. Koochie is getting better but we still need a guy to rely on.  Raanta has been great for us as a 1b over the years. Really good guy. But he is toast. Freddie ain’t coming back either. 

2.  We have a an age problem with Burns. Guy is almost 40 and I’m watching him get caught out of position because he is too slow.  I really believe in my heart it’s time to move Chatfield up with Slavin. Chatty is our 2nd best d lineman. Move burns down to the last line with with Tony D/peace.  Burns needs less Minutes because he was flat in the third and had zero gas on the OT winner from Ole Flip. 

3.  I get the feeling rod ain’t happy with what Waddell has given him on the ice.  He knows this window is now and Waddell won’t get him a goalie and a sniper. 

4.  Look up Noesen. Nuff said. Dude is a home grown young stud.  

5. The window is now. Not 4 years from now. We can win it all this year with two key pieces. A goalie and a sniper. 

Final thoughts. You are correct. This team is not playoff caliber. A goalie and a shooter will get us there. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I was hot last night too.  I have to say, I agree with all points. After sleeping and sobering up a little here my thoughts. 

1.  Gotta make a trade for a goalie. Koochie is getting better but we still need a guy to rely on.  Raanta has been great for us as a 1b over the years. Really good guy. But he is toast. Freddie ain’t coming back either. 

2.  We have a an age problem with Burns. Guy is almost 40 and I’m watching him get caught out of position because he is too slow.  I really believe in my heart it’s time to move Chatfield up with Slavin. Chatty is our 2nd best d lineman. Move burns down to the last line with with Tony D/peace.  Burns needs less Minutes because he was flat in the third and had zero gas on the OT winner from Ole Flip. 

3.  I get the feeling rod ain’t happy with what Waddell has given him on the ice.  He knows this window is now and Waddell won’t get him a goalie and a sniper. 

4.  Look up Noesen. Nuff said. Dude is a home grown young stud.  

5. The window is now. Not 4 years from now. We can win it all this year with two key pieces. A goalie and a sniper. 

Final thoughts. You are correct. This team is not playoff caliber. A goalie and a shooter will get us there. 

1-3/5 But we already have snipers… a whole lot of them… they always show up.

4 - Noesen is actually surpassing Fasty as my favorite player. They are neck and neck. If there are two players(outside of Slavin) who don’t ever drop their grind level(Martinook has a great compete level but I don’t think he can top Noesen, Slavin or Fasty for grind level), it’s Noesen and Fasty. 

• Pie 1