• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Minter, other former players to coach Charlotte 49ers football team?

Niner National

There was an article on ninerreport.com that interviewed Mike Minter and discussed the head coaching position at UNC Charlotte. Minter has been campaigning pretty hard lately for the head coaching position and apparently he has been approached by Dan Morgan and Al Wallace to be a part of his staff. Article also mentions assistants from Nebraska and Miami that have contacted him with interest in joining him.

The article is subscription only, so I thought I'd share since it's something that would otherwise go unnoticed to many here.

Minter doesn't have much coaching experience yet, but he has done a fine job so far on the high school level. He built a program from nothing into a state power at it's level. If nothing else he seems to have some star power interested in accompanying him. It would certainly bring more interest and attention to the program.

He said on the radio last week that if he were hired he'd donate half his salary back to the school. How many people are you going to find to do that? I say bring him in now.

I've heard Fulmer's name thrown around as well, but he would likely command a much higher price tag than Minter. Charlotte isn't exactly rolling in money. If we were, we would have had football long ago.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Fulmer hire however if the price is right. Minter could still be brought on as a positions coach or assistant head coach. I think we should tap former Panther plays as much as possible to draw in as much interest for the program as possible.

As a graduate, and Panther fan I would love to see this!

same here

I've heard Fulmer's name thrown around as well, but he would likely command a much higher price tag than Minter. Charlotte isn't exactly rolling in money. If we were, we would have had football long ago.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Fulmer hire however if the price is right. Minter could still be brought on as a positions coach or assistant head coach. I think we should tap former Panther plays as much as possible to draw in as much interest for the program as possible.

i thought that had something to do with the main fund(some lady i don't remember the name of, but her name is on a building) having a stipulation in it that uncc couldn't have football because it is a barbaric sport. maybe what i heard was wrong.

Archived