• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bengals FAs

Martin

Tee Higgins would obviously be fantastic if we could sign him next year. But what about Jonah Williams? I’ve only seen him play a few times, but he strikes me as a starter level LT. He’s had some injuries and was moved to RT this year, but I wonder what he would look like next to Ickey at LG? Anyone watched him play? Would playing next to a potentially very good LG in Ickey (I know, lots of assumptions here) be a valid option for us next year?

Panthers fans don’t understand how bad our situation is. No free agent worth a damn is coming to a 1 win team. Jonah Williams is a right tackle exclusively, we have Moton who’s better than Williams. The Bengals aren’t letting their good players walk. They have twice as much cap space as we do(75m vs 37m) They’ll just tag Higgins(20m), and we have nothing to trade for him. We spent a bunch on free agents last year and we got worse, teams don’t let good players walk, we need to build through the draft. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

Panthers fans don’t understand how bad our situation is. No free agent worth a damn is coming to a 1 win team. Jonah Williams is a right tackle exclusively, we have Moton who’s better than Williams. The Bengals aren’t letting their good players walk. They have twice as much cap space as we do(75m vs 37m) They’ll just tag Higgins(20m), and we have nothing to trade for him. We spent a bunch on free agents last year and we got worse, teams don’t let good players walk, we need to build through the draft. 

Yeah the pipe dreams of crushing free agency should be gone. We've gotten demonstrably worse since Rhule got canned. 

Given that fact, I wouldn't expect anything close to good offseasons until Tepper kicks the bucket or stays away.

3 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

We’ll the Bengals signed Orlando Bloom from Chiefs (good starter) and let Jesse Bates go in FA (great starter), so that’s an overall weird take.

I was more curious about Jonah and if he can be an ok starter at LT or not with a potential great LG next to him. But I guess we shouldn’t even talk about free agency with so much else to talk about 🙄.