• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic article on GM candidates

Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The idea was never that Fitterer would stay as a GM co-GM. It was that he'd take an alternate position away from the personnel duties.

The fact that you couldn't comprehend that is where the issues started.

reading back through casillas post and if that dude has sources they are way off.  Please link his post about fitt because here is one and its lol funny.  I suspect the dude went mia due to his outlandish "insight"

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Borgonzi interviewed? I don't remember seeing that.

I know Tilis did but I thought it was only once.

I apologize we did not Interview Borgonzi, I misread the article and it mentions Borgonzi but I read it as Borgonzi AND Tilis 

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-assistant-gm-mike-borgonzi-194558301.html

it was Poles and Tilis…not Borgonzi and Tilis when I was researching back in November 

Edited by Panthercougar68

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or you're a guy who takes credit for stuff other people say, which I've seen some evidence of.

my offer stands, when you are ready to come to grips on how wrong you were....I'll be here....

With arms wide open | Arms, Animated gif maker, Animated gif

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

reading back through casillas post and if that dude has sources they are way off.  Please link his post about fitt because here is one and its lol funny.  I suspect the dude went mia due to his outlandish "insight"

Yeeeeah...there's not actually anything in that post (dated back in September) that supports your argument.

Not surprising, though... 😬

And the conversation with Casillas on this topic didn't happen on the Huddle.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The idea was never that Fitterer would stay as a GM co-GM. It was that he'd take an alternate position away from the personnel duties.

The fact that you couldn't comprehend that is where the issues started.

Apparently, Fitterer's name makes you emotional 😄

it's just word play.  I call it what you don't want it called.  I call it how I think a new GM coming in would view things.  It's already not attractive. 

But if Fitterer stays and keeps the bulk of his GM duties.....what does that make him in reality? Especially for all those already employed here?  You then alluded to the 49ers assistant GM as the perfect comparison for the plan (which it's a bad comparison as I showed). 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yeeeeah...there's not actually anything in that post (dated back in September) that supports your argument.

ohhhh, a secret talk, sounds spicy

also Casillas was saying there was not tension in the ranks back in sept, he was wrong

It’ll be interesting to see what the rumored HC/GM pairing will be for this cycle. The easy bet usually seems to be pairing the HC candidates w/a personnel guy from the team they’re coming from but some of these future HC and GM guys build relationships outside of their orgs so that’ll be fun to monitor once the hiring cycle gets going. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don’t see or hear that as rumblings that there is conflict between the two like your posts attempts to make it sound. Thomas Brown willbe calling plays if the offense doesn’t figure it out by week 4. 

oof

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

it's just word play.  I call it what you don't want it called.  I call it how I think a new GM coming in would view things.  It's already not attractive. 

But if Fitterer stays and keeps the bulk of his GM duties.....what does that make him in reality? Especially for all those already employed here?  You then alluded to the 49ers assistant GM as the perfect comparison for the plan (which it's a bad comparison as I showed). 

"Word play", eh?

Funny thing...

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Of course, the next part of your MO is to accuse people of things what you actually do, which I'm guessing probably comes next.

Guess I called it 😄

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don’t see or hear that as rumblings that there is conflict between the two like your posts attempts to make it sound. Thomas Brown willbe calling plays if the offense doesn’t figure it out by week 4. 

oof

After two games?

At the time, there wasn't any indication of such a thing. It didn't manifest till later.

And by that time, Casillas had moved on to a different forum (which is where the current discussions are happening).

6 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

It’ll be interesting to see what the rumored HC/GM pairing will be for this cycle. The easy bet usually seems to be pairing the HC candidates w/a personnel guy from the team they’re coming from but some of these future HC and GM guys build relationships outside of their orgs so that’ll be fun to monitor once the hiring cycle gets going. 

That's Johnson / Agnew, a combination which becomes more intriguing with the notation that Agnew has connections with Ejiro Evero and Thomas Brown.

Hortiz / McDonald would be another one, but that would require Tepper hiring a defensive coach, something not many people see happening.

Out of the list in the OP I would be most excited about Hortiz.  Don't know anything about him, but the Baltimore Ravens are one of the better run front offices in the league since they moved from Cleveland.  Hard no on the Bears.  Peters from the 49ers would probably be a good bet but it doesn't sound like he's leaving.