• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We should all appreciate Bryce Young's civilized footwork...

We all know Bryce carries himself with poise around the dinner table, but few appreciate how his impeccable manners extend onto the football field. Even his dropbacks are performed with a level of refinement and grace not seen since the heyday of European royal courts. 

Now compare Young's civilized footwork with that of lowly peasants, who look so uncouth by comparison. A gentleman does not carry himself in such an overhasty and precipitous manner, and I for one am glad that Bryce is bringing civility and courtesy to the game of football. To the Bryce critics, I say to you that you don't understand the sophistication of his play, which can only be fully appreciated when accompanied by Handel or Purcell

Edited by BenjaminBreeg
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

This is a corny post lol.

Just say you think he should clean up his footwork without all the corny theatrics. We all know it’s something he needs to work on and it’s something that can be fixed with coaching. Y’all gotta let Stroud go, no amount of complaining is undoing the draft. I’ve never seen a fanbase be so vehemently opposed to a rookie QB after a rough first season. I’d understand it better if he sucked in year 2 or 3 but his career is just starting. Everybody doesn’t develop at the same rate. 

If we get a good coach and some stability in here and he still sucks, fine tee off on him but for now….idk man you gotta let that hurt go lol. 

• Pie 7

56 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

This is a corny post lol.

Just say you think he should clean up his footwork without all the corny theatrics. We all know it’s something he needs to work on and it’s something that can be fixed with coaching. Y’all gotta let Stroud go, no amount of complaining is undoing the draft. I’ve never seen a fanbase be so vehemently opposed to a rookie QB after a rough first season. I’d understand it better if he sucked in year 2 or 3 but his career is just starting. Everybody doesn’t develop at the same rate. 

If we get a good coach and some stability in here and he still sucks, fine tee off on him but for now….idk man you gotta let that hurt go lol. 

This is ultimately a redundant thread I agree.

I can agree some of the Stroud talk has become unhealthy. Unfortunately for those who want to move on that is going nowhere for at least another year or two. Even the guy himself is aware of it and has rubbed our noses in it. Have to both accept the outcome and understand it will remain a major topic of discussion going forward as long as our franchise is stuck in the mud.

I don't think most people are "opposed" to BY as much as they are disappointed just how statistically horrendous he has been regardless of extenuating circumstances. We have to acknowledge the fact that for him to make a full 180 from here and become a franchise QB would go on to become one of the most miraculous career turnarounds in decades. Best case scenario from here is he becomes a decent starter and we still draft competition for him down the line.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

We all know Bryce carries himself with poise around the dinner table, but few appreciate how his impeccable manners extend onto the football field. Even his dropbacks are performed with a level of refinement and grace not seen since the heyday of European royal courts. 

Now compare Young's civilized footwork with that of lowly peasants, who look so uncouth by comparison. A gentleman does not carry himself in such an overhasty and precipitous manner, and I for one am glad that Bryce is bringing civility and courtesy to the game of football. To the Bryce critics, I say to you that you don't understand the sophistication of his play, which can only be fully appreciated when accompanied by Handel or Purcell

Thanks for trying to add some levity into this, OP.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

This is ultimately a redundant thread I agree.

I can agree some of the Stroud talk has become unhealthy. Unfortunately for those who want to move on that is going nowhere for at least another year or two. Even the guy himself is aware of it and has rubbed our noses in it. Have to both accept the outcome and understand it will remain a major topic of discussion going forward as long as our franchise is stuck in the mud.

I don't think most people are "opposed" to BY as much as they are disappointed just how statistically horrendous he has been regardless of extenuating circumstances. We have to acknowledge the fact that for him to make a full 180 from here and become a franchise QB would go on to become one of the most miraculous career turnarounds in decades. Best case scenario from here is he becomes a decent starter and we still draft competition for him down the line.

Yeah I think this is fair. I think it's valid to be disappointed with his play because I think we all expected better. For me though, the thing I kind of take issue with within the fan base, whether it's on here or twitter or wherever; is the vibe that people would much rather see him fail to be 'right' about Stroud or whatever as opposed to just hoping he improves and we don't have to be in position to draft another QB anytime soon. I think for me its like, if you didn't love him as a prospect that's cool, hell even if you think he has a minuscule chance to become a franchise QB that's fine too but even if I were personally in either of those camps, I'd still be hoping like hell he can turn it around so we aren't in QB purgatory forever.  He's here, he'll be here for at least another season or two, so we'd be better off hoping a good coach can get the best out of him as opposed to sulking and whining over Stroud, Richardson, etc. 

But again maybe it's just a me thing. Just like how I don't hate Tepper with every fiber in my being like some do. I think he's been a bad owner but I don't hate him. And even though I hoped for a better rookie season from Bryce, I just can't bring myself to go "well it's over he's a bust we're screwed" after one season with how awful the whole organization has been this year. Next season for him big though and I'm hoping that with a good coach and hopefully an improved roster Bryce can become the franchise guy we'd hoped for. 

• Pie 2