• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Simple Breakdown..

musicman

Sorry but Bryce basically had 1 half of football all year that looked like an nfl caliber qb. The rest of the year he looked like a dirt poor version of Teddy Bridgewater. The only reason you'd build a team around him is because of what you gave up for him. You'd have to completely ignore how limited he is. 

18 hours ago, Waldo said:

I would be happiest to see him traded this offseason. He is very talented but he also isn't healthy enough and should get no where near 5th year option money until he can play a healthy year or 2. The best ability is availability after all. He has played in 22 games in 3 years so that's 43.1% of the time. Anyone still believing he is worth paying to his physical talent level is about to eat a lot of dead cap on the IR. Take any pick and sign someone who will be a lot more likely to be available on game days is absolutely a better path then waiting for him to have a healthy year which would be an anomaly at this point sadly. 

Honestly, his 5th year salary is pretty low BECAUSE he hasn't played much.

May as well pick it up. We aren’t gonna get a better corner for that price tag.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Honestly, his 5th year salary is pretty low BECAUSE he hasn't played much.

May as well pick it up. We aren’t gonna get a better corner for that price tag.

He played 6 games this year. I don't get the disconect about what he could have been and what he has been. I would rather use that cap space and roster spot on a guy who will be available to play.

29 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He played 6 games this year. I don't get the disconect about what he could have been and what he has been. I would rather use that cap space and roster spot on a guy who will be available to play.

I am not gonna dispute the availability aspect. It would say the calculated gamble would be worth it, IMO.

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

I think we have to have a receiver if not two that can stretch the field.  If the secondary has no fear of a receiver getting behind them then they are always going to be able to jump underneath routes and secondary and linebackers first step can be towards the los to help stop the run.   Youve got to have 1 if not 2 receivers that dbs respect and give space to.

Ideally, I agree. But the reality is the line won’t hold up for long developing plays, but you can mix them in. None of the good free agent WR’s are coming here, so have to make salad of 💩 as best you can. If the linebackers creep up the TE will be open in the seam

12 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

All this stretch the field, and open TEs stuff is logical and all ... but you have to have a QB that can throw it that far and have have zip on short passes.

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

His accuracy seems more of a limitation than arm strength, but that could be because he’s trying to throw too hard. Stroud took like 3-4 forward steps into his bomb last week, I don’t remember Bryce doing this all year. He has to roll out to have time, and you’re taking away half the field by doing that. 
roll out to moton’s side or the play is dead