• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donnelly: Process used to hire Morgan was wrong

top dawg

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We're all pro Morgan in the sense that we hope that he does well, but there isn't any concrete evidence that we should be all giddy about the hire. Like I said in another thread, the proof will be in the product on the field, but I will be scrutinizing what he says at the initial presser as GM. If he says anything to the effect that we're not that far away, I will cringe. If he references that they have a lot of work to do to build the franchise into a winner, then I'll believe there is some hope.

Not all...

I'm just getting in early before the

fence riders say they knew it all along.

What he says isn't as important as what he does.

Early moves will tell us more than early pressers.

Edited by heel31ok

On 1/24/2024 at 1:28 AM, Selltheteamtepper said:

Morgan was the biggest cheerleader of Tepper’s every move. Many people inside the building have told me. 

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what I've heard from people with direct ties. Dan was the only one willing to voice his opinion when he didn't agree with something. From what I've been told he was nearly the only one in the building outside of McCown who wanted Stroud over Young. Fitterer, Reich and Brown were all-in on Young and sold the idea to Tepper.

• Flames 1

34 minutes ago, The Natural said:

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what I've heard from people with direct ties. Dan was the only one willing to voice his opinion when he didn't agree with something. From what I've been told he was nearly the only one in the building outside of McCown who wanted Stroud over Young. Fitterer, Reich and Brown were all-in on Young and sold the idea to Tepper.

Where'd you hear that Morgan wanted Stroud? 

Was he against all the boneheaded trades that we've made?

Do any of your in life ever get excited about something that you assessment of that starts with a phrase like  "we can hope".............or "at least we"..........well do you get excited when you see that kind of phrasing?

The comments on this board are full of such statements and they nothing more than a realization of life's conciliation prize or participation trophies in set goals.......

There is only one SB trophy they hand out once a year in the NFL out of 14 playoff teams and "we can hope" or "at least we" doesn't cut it.