• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs Devils 7pm

10 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

A sporadic decent game one out of four times doesn't convince me...

Not trying to. But when Raanta gets first star I’m gonna congratulate him. You do you Mr. Negativity lol. Your Panthers whining is showing though haha. 

Edited by DavidEng

9 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

Bros in here slinging insults like it's the panthers forum reported for personal insults.

Gonna report you for insulting Raanta even when he plays a great game and gets first star lmao.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

The b2b took its toll and the players looked pretty gassed with about 5 minutes left.

Raanta has earned stars a couple times and the crowd is doing their best to encourage him and regain some confidence.

And that’s what real fans do. 

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

The b2b took its toll and the players looked pretty gassed with about 5 minutes left.

Raanta has earned stars a couple times and the crowd is doing their best to encourage him and regain some confidence.

I feel like Raanta plays better when he’s playing up to his competition in our net. When he plays multiple games in a row he tends to stagnate. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Have to give Raanta credit for his game last night. Neither of those goals were really on him.

The first was just a very good play and pass to the man on the weak side. Both Chatfield and Orlov were caught too deep, Chatty was actually below the goal line and Orlov came in- nobody had Dowling standing 4' away. Orlov and Chatty both had their back to the puck when the pass was made. 

The 2nd... well... with 8 seconds left just hold the puck and freeze it on the boards or dump it cross ice and run the last 8 seconds off. That was on Necas.

One other note... I did notice that Martin moves laterally much quicker than Raanta. His reflexes are quicker.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Have to give Raanta credit for his game last night. Neither of those goals were really on him.

The first was just a very good play and pass to the man on the weak side. Both Chatfield and Orlov were caught too deep, Chatty was actually below the goal line and Orlov came in- nobody had Dowling standing 4' away. Orlov and Chatty both had their back to the puck when the pass was made. 

The 2nd... well... with 8 seconds left just hold the puck and freeze it on the boards or dump it cross ice and run the last 8 seconds off. That was on Necas.

One other note... I did notice that Martin moves laterally much quicker than Raanta. His reflexes are quicker.

Agreed. Also he’s 6 years younger than Raanta which I feel like is still dealing with a LBI from early season. But ya Raanta side to side is way slower than he should be. 

• Beer 1

I should also note, Raanta does not seem to be challenging that much in the crease. Tending to hang back in the middle or on the goal line to allow his flippers and glove do most of the work. It may not be noticeable when you just watch him, but compare his work to Pyotr, Martin, even Perets throughout the course of high danger shots. 

26 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I should also note, Raanta does not seem to be challenging that much in the crease. Tending to hang back in the middle or on the goal line to allow his flippers and glove do most of the work. It may not be noticeable when you just watch him, but compare his work to Pyotr, Martin, even Perets throughout the course of high danger shots. 

In general I agree but last night he challenged better and his glove work was outstanding, best i’ve seen it.