• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doubling down on Young. I don't like it. We NEED Young insurance.

top dawg

1 hour ago, strato said:

If people would only open eyes and watch him you'd see the issues people saw from before the draft. They haven’t gone anywhere. The fact that he is short as hell exacerbates them.

People forget, but the talk started when the pads went on. He was not good. Go back and read camp stuff and see. There have been very few real positives from him. Growth? Well, he did take some snaps from under center as the year progressed. What else? A few plays that were excellent, out of the entire season. 

The best you are ever gonna get out of him is that point guard shite - tossing little improvised completions and depending on YAC, while facing a stacked defense due to not being able to offer a credible downfield Threat. I think defenses see any ’threat' as an opportunity to eat, in reality. It is why they dare him to do it. 

And people think ‘fast’ WRs are gonna fix that. It compares to Gettleman thinking tall WRs were gonna fix Cam’s throwing high. 

What this is about is two things, I think. Vision, and velocity. And can he somehow adjust his passing timing to be tighter, so the ball can beat the defenders to the target?

He does not have that figured out. That is why he holds the ball and won’t throw it. He doesn’t see a completion there. But he has to start seeing them and throw the freaking ball. That is timing related. He has to decide to throw the ball sooner. I question whether it will matter if he does because his margin is so tight.

The vision? It is a lack of it. Because of the height.

I think he throws to a spot he visualizes in his head. The spatial awareness he possesses is great. But he can’t see and is guessing. How that resolves with the timing adjustments that must be stepped up at the NFL level will be the tale. 

I think it is too much to expect. So much has to come together. Good luck with that. 

As a footnote, I think anyone that wants to see what we should be doing, watch Dalton vs Seattle again. And he is ‘only’ a journeyman. 

Problems with vision and velocity exacerbated, if not caused, by his short height and limited strength. Very nice way to explain it. 

We're putting all our eggs into a QB with physical limitations, whose A+ intangibles in college are looking seriously below average in the NFL. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, fanpanther said:

no matter what I am sure young gets preseason and first 6 games of the year....after that they will see improvement or he will go down in history as worst pics trades ever.  

I am okay with him getting all year, at least if they don’t bring in any competition. Which they won’t. Right now I think he gives us the best shot at the 1st pick for 2025, so don’t sit him.

I want to see what the new QB whisperer does with him. If he can make him look good, it’s a great hire for sure. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, thebdawg said:

Andy threw the ball 58(!!) times to get those 361 yards lmao. That’s 6.2 YPA. He had an 88 QBR.

Bryce threw 36 times against Green Bay for his 312. That’s 8.7 YPA. He had a 110 QBR.

To say daltons game was better bc he had 50 more passing yards on 22 more attempts is fuging ridiculous lmao 

yeah I'll yell you what's ridiculous is when you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle with bullsheet like this  by cherry picking stats to tell half truths such as Bryce Young's YPA for the season was 5.5 yards QBR on the season was 73.7 

& then what about the fact that Bryce Young took all the first team reps in practice pretty much the entire season with the starters allowing him the opportunity unlike Andy Dalton had to form  any type of chemistry or timing & rhythm with the starting offensive unit.

Patrick Mahomes QBR against Green Bay this season was 79.1  so does that mean Bryce Young is a better Qb  than Patrick Mahomes since Bryce Young had 110 QBR against Green Bay or does that sound ridiculous?...just saying

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 2

10 hours ago, frankw said:

You are one of two people that have been pooing posts in this thread before noon. I'm not the one that looks unhinged here bud take a look around. Get some sunlight it looks like it's going to be a nice day.

This is very strange behavior. You are gatekeeping when people can and cannot post, accusing new users of being older posters, and calling them deranged and need to seek help as well as derailing the topic. 

mods of this forum, is this what you allow here? Not a good look.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

This is very strange behavior. You are gatekeeping when people can and cannot post, accusing new users of being older posters, and calling them deranged and need to seek help as well as derailing the topic. 

mods of this forum, is this what you allow here? Not a good look.

Let's break this down a bit. You claim you've never posted here before but in less than a week you've slipped right into a pattern of behavior that very clearly shows this is not your first account. Let's just dispense with that yarn. You've been here before. Maybe you are poundaway maybe you aren't.

You go to bat for Bryce Young like you carried him in a womb for 9 months. That's very noble of you. Doesn't make you better than anyone else here.

Talk to the mods I'm sure they'd love to hear about this.

P.S. maybe don't stay up all night again. Rest is good for the mind and body.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Let's break this down a bit. You claim you've never posted here before but in less than a week you've slipped right into a pattern of behavior that very clearly shows this is not your first account. Let's just dispense with that yarn. You've been here before. Maybe you are poundaway maybe you aren't.

You go to bat for Bryce Young like you carried him in a womb for 9 months. That's very noble of you. Doesn't make you better than anyone else here.

Talk to the mods I'm sure they'd love to hear about this.

P.S. maybe don't stay up all night again. Rest is good for the mind and body.

You tell people to seek help but you are the only one with a crazy conspiracy theory trying to connect dots that aren’t there. 

What is wrong with defending Bryce? Is this a anti Bryce website? I wouldn’t know this is legit my only account.

thanks for worrying about my rest though. I got a full 8 hours after I got off of work this morning. About to head back in. 

On 1/30/2024 at 11:44 AM, frankw said:

You are one of two people that have been pooing posts in this thread before noon. I'm not the one that looks unhinged here bud take a look around. Get some sunlight it looks like it's going to be a nice day.

I get on here twice a month maybe. More if I see weirdos like yourself saying crazy poo and decide to instigate them. In your eyes pooing dumb posts “before noon” (???) makes someone deranged? Frank you projecting your mental illness bud.

You have been on here every day for the last decade. You get some sunlight little Franklin.

• Flames 1

13 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

You tell people to seek help but you are the only one with a crazy conspiracy theory trying to connect dots that aren’t there. 

What is wrong with defending Bryce? Is this a anti Bryce website? I wouldn’t know this is legit my only account.

thanks for worrying about my rest though. I got a full 8 hours after I got off of work this morning. About to head back in. 

He's...inciteful...but only if you play the game. I play along sometimes, until I get bored of the shenanigans.

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, bandu said:

yeah I'll yell you what's ridiculous is when you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle with bullsheet like this  by cherry picking stats to tell half truths such as Bryce Young's YPA for the season was 5.5 yards QBR on the season was 73.7 

& then what about the fact that Bryce Young took all the first team reps in practice pretty much the entire season with the starters allowing him the opportunity unlike Andy Dalton had to form  any type of chemistry or timing & rhythm with the starting offensive unit.

Patrick Mahomes QBR against Green Bay this season was 79.1  so does that mean Bryce Young is a better Qb  than Patrick Mahomes since Bryce Young had 110 QBR against Green Bay or does that sound ridiculous?...just saying

Let me help you pal. I was responding to your argument. Your initial point was Bryce never had a game where he threw for as many yards as Andy did against Seattle. 

That was supposed to aid in your stance that Bryce is worse than Andy. So you cherry picked stats first, no? And I just added context to them? 

49 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

I get on here twice a month maybe. More if I see weirdos like yourself saying crazy poo and decide to instigate them. In your eyes pooing dumb posts “before noon” (???) makes someone deranged? Frank you projecting your mental illness bud.

You have been on here every day for the last decade. You get some sunlight little Franklin.

🥱🥱🥱

You've worn out your welcome plenty in GameDay threads where you've been quite active and I assume under the influence of alcohol instigating arguments with people. Don't throw stones from a glass house little bdawg.

25 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He's...inciteful...but only if you play the game. I play along sometimes, until I get bored of the shenanigans.

You mean like when someone takes the time to double triple and quadruple down on an opinion like whether or not DJ Moore is a #1 WR? 😉

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

You mean like when someone takes the time to double triple and quadruple down on an opinion like whether or not DJ Moore is a #1 WR? 😉

Only a handful of true ones presently in the league, and he ain't one of them...😁

• Flames 1