• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How will Peppers be remembered by Panther fans?

Hotsauce

I will remember him as somone who had the physical talents to be one of the best DE's in the game, but did not have the drive or heart to make it happen.

I will remember him as the player who showed flashes of complete and utter dominance...to only disappear for games at a time against journeymen OT's.

In short, one word will define him...........inconsistent.

Like I said ..he's a athletic freak, but how often does he even want to play in a season?

4 great games, another 4 well, and 8 where you don't even know if he's there.

Mills played with heart, motivation every down and was a leader and made plays too, same with Beason .

Peppers homers act like he's a Reggie White and he ain't.[/QUO

motivation yes they got him on those, but all around football player no.mike rucker even said it, the game is easy for him.im not calling him reggie white just that he is a better football player than the 2 guys you mention. part of it is bc he is very athletic but the guy is still a better football player.

I'll remember the freakish plays. I'll remember that Jerry put the spotlight on him and he ran to a dark corner. I probably won't hold it against him that he left, but I won't have any reason to root for him elsewhere.

He was a fun Panther to watch, but nothing makes me want to follow him as a person. It won't be like losing Moose, but who knows, Pep will probably come crawling back too. I'll have a chuckle or two for that memory.

Ok so how many people out there will like Peppers as a player no matter where he winds up? 10 years from now, will you look back at Pep and appreciate what he did for the franchise, or will you curse his name for leaving us high and dry?

For me, the day his contract expired, is the day I started to root against him.

I started the day last off-season when he didn't want to be here anymore and would only consider 3-4 teams. I wouldn't cheer for him when he came on the field. I would cheer when he made a play because it that reflects on the entire defense/team. I hope he's exposed for his slack-assedness whereever he goes.

I used to really like him playing but that's been missing for awhile.

I'll remember him on a positive note. He gave us some great years. Remember, he's leaving because he doesn't think John Fox can tap his potential. He wants a better ran, coached team than where he's at; he wants all the stuff we want, he just can't say it while he's here. Plus, even if he did come out an say, no one wants to be around a cynical, bigoted person. Peppers is an awesome player and stand up guy.

Most people who are mad are probably overly emotional and extremely immature. Peppers isn't hating on the fans or the team, he didn't play selfishly, and he dominated for us in the 8 years he was here. I don't know what more you want in a person.

No, he isn't. That may have been last year but he's said this year he wants to stay. He has a lousy "agent" who is an idiot - and Peppers isn't that smart himself.

He played half-arsed many games. It shouldn't take Beason to try to motivate you. You're getting a million per game.

Good riddance.

I would love to have this guy on the packers. He was awesome with Carolina.

This is an intelligent comment by an intelligent fan base, maybe the most intelligent fan base in the league. The rest of this thread proves why the Panthers are and will continue to be one to bottom 5 fan bases in the league.

i'll remember him as the guy I saw blowing another dude at the Uptown Cabaret in 2004

seriously you guys should have seen peppers going down on this dude

it was like he was sucking a golf ball through a garden hose

that's what I said. I was like, "dude, that's gay."

he turned to me and said "murfle fumm bloff"

ibi05z.gif

Best Panther player ever? I'd still have to give that to Steve Smith.

Most physically talented? Sure, but that's not equal to best player.

For my part, I'll remember him as an ncredible athletic talent that could have been incredible, but instead chose to be satisfied with "good".

Archived