• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How will Peppers be remembered by Panther fans?

Hotsauce

Ok so how many people out there will like Peppers as a player no matter where he winds up? 10 years from now, will you look back at Pep and appreciate what he did for the franchise, or will you curse his name for leaving us high and dry?

For me, the day his contract expired, is the day I started to root against him.

the best DE to ever play in Carolina. The Pep hate is lame. Can't blame a guy for wanting to move on....it happens. He never caused trouble while here...and he never said a word about being unhappy and wanting out except during offseasons.....you can't really ask for much more than that.

*Reggie played a year here but it is hard to consider him anything but an Eagle or Packer.

I'll remember him fondly, I enjoyed watching him knowing that at any moment he could make a game changing play.

He gave us 8 good (and sometimes spectacular) years and helped put the Panthers on the map in the process, I wish him the best.

I will remember Peppers as a great player his first 3 to 4 seasons, to then only "not reach his potential" here. In his last 4 seasons we have seen a less motivated player, that once in awhile did enough to show people he could still play and make plays; but overall the players we all thought Peppers could be never materialized.

I will remember Peppers overall as a disappointment despite the great games and spurts, with his first 4 season being his best.

I'll remember him on a positive note. He gave us some great years. Remember, he's leaving because he doesn't think John Fox can tap his potential. He wants a better ran, coached team than where he's at; he wants all the stuff we want, he just can't say it while he's here. Plus, even if he did come out an say, no one wants to be around a cynical, bigoted person. Peppers is an awesome player and stand up guy.

Most people who are mad are probably overly emotional and extremely immature. Peppers isn't hating on the fans or the team, he didn't play selfishly, and he dominated for us in the 8 years he was here. I don't know what more you want in a person.

Archived