• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"I’ve never thought that they didn’t think highly of me," said Moore.

Zod

since someone keeps bringing up moore's lackluster preseason performance in '08, i'll bring back the question...just who was moore throwing to in those games?

can't remember? i'll remind you.

i pulled this from a discussion last fall about it....

That's a lousy excuse for poor performance. First of all those guys were also the ones he practiced with all day so he could develop timing and rhythm with them. He was also playing against third and fourth string defenders. If the guys he was throwing to dropped a ton of balls that might have some legitimacy but I don't recall that at all. The problem was Moore was indecisive, didn't seem to know where to throw the ball and was actually pretty inaccurate in his passing.

Nice try but that dog don't hunt. It was a poor argument last fall and isn't any better this time around either.

and delhomme was?

Better.

His preseason numbers were 64% completion rate and a passer rating of 88. To be the starter you have to be better than anyone else not as good or worse. This is the first time that Moore has given the coaches legitimate reasons to make him the starter. I only hope he shows everyone what he can do and snatches the starter role this year. As I have said ad nauseum, Jake isn't the long term solution but hopefully Moore is.

I would rather compare the regular season than preseason. bring those stats out and lets see who wins...

That will be a big factor this year and it is great Moore finally has something to bring to the table instead poor preseasons and poor practice effort and game preparation. Still if he can do as well as he did last year with the reported issues think about how well he could do if he put in the time every day and was the hardest working guy in the locker room. If Moore isn't the starter this year it will be his fault not Fox's. The job is there for him to seize and everyone knows Delhomme is not the long term answer. Everyone wants Moore to be the guy which is why he got such a high tender. But unless he comes out and shows everyone he is the man, he leaves the door open for someone else.

That will be a big factor this year and it is great Moore finally has something to bring to the table instead poor preseasons and poor practice effort and game preparation. Still if he can do as well as he did last year with the reported issues think about how well he could do if he put in the time every day and was the hardest working guy in the locker room. If Moore isn't the starter this year it will be his fault not Fox's. The job is there for him to seize and everyone knows Delhomme is not the long term answer. Everyone wants Moore to be the guy which is why he got such a high tender. But unless he comes out and shows everyone he is the man, he leaves the door open for someone else.

u actually sound like u know what ure talking about. are u at practices everyday, do u work for the carolina panthers in the locker room cleaning jock straps? all this heresay from garbage observer reporters and u think u are some insider for the panthers?

That's a lousy excuse for poor performance. First of all those guys were also the ones he practiced with all day so he could develop timing and rhythm with them. He was also playing against third and fourth string defenders. If the guys he was throwing to dropped a ton of balls that might have some legitimacy but I don't recall that at all. The problem was Moore was indecisive, didn't seem to know where to throw the ball and was actually pretty inaccurate in his passing.

Nice try but that dog don't hunt. It was a poor argument last fall and isn't any better this time around either.

how is that a lousy argument? he had crap to throw to in crap situations. you can't expect to play like a star when you are throwing to people who can't catch.

plus, there was never any question coming into '08 who was going to be the QB once training camp started and jake started throwing. all questions about his arm being weak after the surgery were answered. moore was never seriously considered for the starting job that year so they stuck him in with receivers who had no real expectation of making it.

you only think its a lousy argument because you don't want it to be any other way. it shows a difference in opinion with you and you can't have that.

it was actually to any open minded person who might be on the fence.

i don't expect that to be P55.

Not true at all. I am a big Moore fan, just read my posts in this thread. But your logic is flawed plain and simple. There are tons of backup quarterbacks every year who play well with backup receivers in preseason. Look at Feeley in 2009 for the Eagles as a perfect example. Blaming the backup receivers for Moore's abysmal performance ignores the obvious which is he played poorly and didn't take things as seriously as he should. Given this is ancient history and he has a body of starting work to show he can atually play, I don't know why you feel the need to defend him. He has a great chance to be the starter this year if he gets his head together.

better.

His preseason numbers were 64% completion rate and a passer rating of 88. To be the starter you have to be better than anyone else not as good or worse. This is the first time that moore has given the coaches legitimate reasons to make him the starter. I only hope he shows everyone what he can do and snatches the starter role this year. As i have said ad nauseum, jake isn't the long term solution but hopefully moore is.

bjdjs :)

u actually sound like u know what ure talking about. are u at practices everyday, do u work for the carolina panthers in the locker room cleaning jock straps? all this heresay from garbage observer reporters and u think u are some insider for the panthers?

he works at the fuel pizza on east boulevard.

Archived