• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kemo cut

Boltergeist

I don't understand all the "cap moves" when there isn't a cap.

I don't really get this either, but I've been viewing this season as if we had a cap ever since the "No tag on Peppers" debacle.

This move was expected with the D.Lewis release and all...

The reason a lot of teams will be cutting players is because it's a great time to without the cap. The guaranteed money left on a player's contract (bonuses) won't count against your cap if you cut them this year. For example.....if you would have cut Delhomme and there was a cap then you would have had to spread that 13 million in guarantees over a course of 3 or 4 years on the cap. Now it disappears.

per Schefter twitter.

Not a big surprise there, we knew it was coming because of the bonus and the size of his original contract for this coming season. He was scheduled to make over 4 million on the season after the option was turned down.

I don't understand all the "cap moves" when there isn't a cap.

JR is part of the owners that are spending less money this season to lead by example for the rest of the league...Show smart spending habits to help out the league and the other owners.... The're going to cut as much cap in the uncapped season as possible, to lower payroll for future seasons and this season as well.

it's too bad only a handful of people realize that we're doing this to clear the books. We very may sign back lewis or jake. People need to quit freaking out and acting like we're "rebuilding".

I don't think we'll see Kemo or Delhome back. If Jake is having a press conference tomorrow then he's probably retiring. Kemo won't be ready in time. Lewis might come back but that's it.

Archived