• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline

15 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Three weeks means he wouldn’t be back until April… he’d only get seven regular season games before the playoffs.

If that’s really the case then we better win the Cup. Acquiring Guentzel for a handful of regular season games and a second round exit would be a disaster.

I think this is a case of intentionally being vague, he's in a contact jersey for the team skate. 

Also on paper our team is so ridiculously freaking STACKED!

Booted up NHL 24 and downloaded the new rosters.... Canes are 95 Overall 95 Offense (highest in the game lol) 95 defense 89 goaltending 

Edited by CarolinaWillRise
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

It'll take me a minute to get used to Guentzel and Kuznetsov. Not a Pittsburgh fan and I strongly dislike everything Washington- NFL, MLB, NHL

If it makes you feel any better we made the old guard of Pittsburgh and Ov sad. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1

Hopefully, we’ll learn more about Guentzel tomorrow. Today is technically his last day of LTIR per the broadcast. I highly doubt we’d just throw him in against the flames though tomorrow. I’m assuming no skate Monday. Maybe an optional. Maybe a morning skate against NY. If he’s realistically ready to play I’d bet the Panthers. Who’s knows if he’s ready or not though. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Before the AHL deadline we just offloaded Rees for a 6th…

I like it...we have so many others ahead of him his chances to see the ice for the canes is slim to none. Grab a 6th from the sens and hope you strike gold. 

• Pie 1

Yeah I guess Rees didn't develop into what we thought he would, was a 2nd rounder now traded for a 6th round pick.

Smaller guy who really doesn't have any offensive upside and has been injured 3 or 4 times.  When you have a farm system like the Canes do now you have to stay healthy and develop.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yeah I guess Rees didn't develop into what we thought he would, was a 2nd rounder now traded for a 6th round pick.

Smaller guy who really doesn't have any offensive upside and has been injured 3 or 4 times.  When you have a farm system like the Canes do now you have to stay healthy and develop.

Ya the dude couldn’t stay healthy. That said Tom and Don need to figure out our AHL situation. Perets needs stable AHL time. 

• Beer 1

• 3 weeks later...