• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who gets SB ring first, Peppers or Carolina?

Montsta

I think we're pretty much dead even with them.

Cutler CAN be great, who knows if he will though. This entire season will finally give us a definitive answer about Moore; we have a better run game, but theirs isn't horrible; they have a better STs by far, our defenses are about equal, and we both are stocked with young WRs who haven't proven themselves yet. The coaches are also both very good. We also both play in tough divisions.

Peppers will never win a Super Bowl. Chicago needs an offensive line and a true number one receiver. Their defensive secondary also needs help, and they won't get everything they need in one offseason. After this year, the cap will be back and it will totally crush the Bears ability to do more than patch holes at league veteran minimums while Cutler and Peppers combine to cripple their salary structure.

Carolina, on the other hand, has two great running backs, a great offensive line, a great receiver (it's a lot easier to find a second receiver than a number one), some of the best linebackers in the league, and a very solid secondary. If Moore gets anywhere close to where he was late last year and a defensive line emerges, the Panthers will be poised to contend in 2010, 2011, and beyond.

Peppers was and is all about the money. He'll never win a championship.

The NFC north seems like its going to beat itself up for the next couple seasons or so....minus detroit lol. I think that in the next 2 seasons or so we should have a pretty darn good shot at a SB run as long as we get that Dline solidified.

Let's compare by which team is the best at certain positions:

O-Line: Carolina, and it's not even close.

D-Line: Chicago on paper, but frankly we don't know how well Brown/Johnson/etc can do.

WRs: Carolina because we actually have a legitimate #1, they don't have anything.

TEs: I feel our TE's do their job perfectly AND Chicago's best TE is about to get traded. So I'll go with Carolina.

RB: Don't even need to argue this, Carolina's 3rd backup is comparable to Chicagos #1.

Secondary: Carolina

Linebackers: Tie

and last but not least-

QUARTERBACK: Tie again. I'd take Matt Moore over Cutler though personally, but Moore hasn't played enough for me to put him over Cutler.

-----

Let's also not forget that while Chicago might be prepping their team to win in 2010, there WILL be a cap reinstated. and when that happens, they will be in big trouble when it comes to cap space. They're digging themselves a deep, very deep hole this offseason, and I can only imagine it will get worse.

Carolina has the better team by far, IMO.

**also, why even root for a team if you don't believe they'll win a title within 5 years? gtfo with that bullshit, you're not a fan if you think that. simple as that.

I think we will have a better shot. we have 4 players over 30 and 2 of them are kickers so we will be really good in a few years and the bears have no WRs and they have a QB that throws more picks then delhomme did. they have an old defence even peppers is 30 all they have is an a good run game.

Archived