• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wallace Wright - our new WR

Rhys

I know it's not a big name, but Wallace is a player. You'll love him. I've followed his career since he left Pine Forest in Fayetteville, and pulled for him. I've always known him through other people and met him a couple times being from Fayetteville.

His girlfriend used to work with me when we were in high school and he'd come in a lot. Real cool guy. He's got to be ecstatic to be coming back home.

You won't be disappointed. I know he's not Antonio Bryant or Kevin Walter, but the guy plays his role. He's a ST ace and does have potential as a WR.

IIRC, he didn't get a scholarship offer from major schools but had good enough grades so he applied to UNC and got in off his academics. He tried out for the football team and made it as a walk-on. Was mostly a ST guy the first year or so and then they put him in at KR and he did some serious work. Showed some playmaking ability, so they gave him a shot on offense his last year and a half or so, and again, he showed out.

Look up an article on it, you'll like what you read.

He sees the odds and beats them. He's a player. Kind of like Kassim Osgood, but not quite as big.

I'm really happy for him and it's a good pick-up for us. Surprised NYJ didn't tender him.

lol!!! all the people on this board all of a sudden become experts on wallace wright. most probably didnt even know he existed until right now, and now he is the greatest special team player ever.

not an expert by any means, but I know he's a ST ace. Something the panthers have been missing for a while.

lol!!! all the people on this board all of a sudden become experts on wallace wright. most probably didnt even know he existed until right now, and now he is the greatest special team player ever.
knowing that we had a need for a gunner the past couple years i have kept up with stuff like this. it doesn't take much to find out what he can do and how valuable he is, esp. to a team that has been lacking in return coverage for several years.

Archived