• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Help me FVCK with these aholes

Henne Given Sunday

well...this opens the chance of this thread going way off course really quick....but...are you doing a little stereo typing my friend? I have always consistently said there ain't much difference between Canadians and Americans!

just trying to ruffle ure feathers. guess it didnt work. :mad:

just trying to ruffle ure feathers. guess it didnt work. :mad:

if there is anything I am defensive about....it's when people question how I feel about my brothers and sisters to the south!!!:D

thread....carry on as planned!!!

Consumers from across the country have contacted the Wisconsin BBB about what appears to be a letter stating that the recipient has won the lottery. A check is enclosed in the "winning" letter, and the receipient is asked to cash the check and transfer the funds back to the company after contacting the lottery at 778-858-2755. However, Northwestern Mutual has confirmed that they are not affiliated with this offer and it is a scam. The BBB advises that, although the check looks legitimate, it is fake. If recipients deposit it into their bank accounts, they will be responsible for paying back the amount of money they withdrew from their accounts against the deposited check.

http://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/business-reviews/insurance-services/northwestern-mutual-in-milwaukee-wi-16000070/

This following scenario is prevalent and comes through the mail with a fake check. BBB received this report from a regional consumer last week:

Received a call yesterday from a woman whose sister got a lottery scam letter stating it was associated with Northwestern Mutual (an AB since the ‘30s!) and Lotto Super 7.

There was a check for $5,409.88 enclosed. Letter said she had won $820,070. They advised her to call Peter Wilson at 778-858-2755 to arrange a method for transfer. BBB suggested the consumer contact the issuer of the check, Northwestern Mutual to confirm the check’s validity.

They told her they were aware of this scam and that they were in no way affiliated with this mailing.

http://spokane.bbb.org/article/bbb-weekly-tips-you-can-trust-for-the-week-february-1-2010-15041

Archived