• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't get ahead of yourselves...

unicar15

A lot of fans on here are saying that this Arizona game will be a blowout. I hope it is a blowout but I'm not so sure. They ran the ball pretty effectively against the Falcons and they will be coming in with more to prove. Our defense HAS GOT TO IMPROVE. They have been absolutely atrocious the past couple of weeks and this team can expose our weakest link...the DBs. In order to win this game we have to do two things...

Run the ball down their throats (obviously)

and

Sack Warner A LOT...Its can't just be Pep getting after him either because he is going to be looking to get the ball out quickly like he did last game. We aren't going to want to give up the deep ball which means that he is just going to be able to pass it for 4 or 5 every play. The line has to get their hands up to bat some balls down and sack him when he takes more than a three step drop.

If we can eliminate his quick, easy, dink and dunks and we can run the ball effectively then we will win the game.

A lot of fans on here are saying that this Arizona game will be a blowout. I hope it is a blowout but I'm not so sure. They ran the ball pretty effectively against the Falcons and they will be coming in with more to prove. Our defense HAS GOT TO IMPROVE. They have been absolutely atrocious the past couple of weeks and this team can expose our weakest link...the DBs. In order to win this game we have to do two things...

Run the ball down their throats (obviously)

and

Sack Warner A LOT...Its can't just be Pep getting after him either because he is going to be looking to get the ball out quickly like he did last game. We aren't going to want to give up the deep ball which means that he is just going to be able to pass it for 4 or 5 every play. The line has to get their hands up to bat some balls down and sack him when he takes more than a three step drop.

If we can eliminate his quick, easy, dink and dunks and we can run the ball effectively then we will win the game.

Yeah but Atl is NOT AT ALL a pressure Def. Abraham on the other hand can be a team on his own at times.

Eagles provided the blue print to beating Arizona, I mean they embarassed the hell out of them

All they did was be physical with them in the beginning. They didnt blitzed. When they didnt blitz, they rushed four and drop everybody in coverage. Made sure to atleast tip the ball

You have to rattle and confuse them on offense in the beginning, score points on offense, and force them to come back

NO CONSERVATIVE BULL

Eagles provided the blue print to beating Arizona, I mean they embarassed the hell out of them

All they did was be physical with them in the beginning. They didnt blitzed. When they didnt blitz, they rushed four and drop everybody in coverage. Made sure to atleast tip the ball

You have to rattle and confuse them on offense in the beginning, score points on offense, and force them to come back

NO CONSERVATIVE BULL

Hmm, kinda sorta maybe. I mean AZ was playing for absolutely nothing. Warner was taken out early.

But I do agree pressuring Warner and not just blitzing all the time. Philly is more of a true Zone Blitz team similar to the Steelers of the mid 90's.

Disguise where the blitz comes from, you can rotate a delayed blitz from an LB to a DB.

But we simply can not afford to much single coverage. I think we play soft zone and keep everything in front but add zone blitzes to disrupt routes.

Maybe pack 4 LB's ever so often.

But I think in this game, the best Defense is a good OFFENSE. Ball control. Keep AZ off the field.

Score everytime and limit possessions for AZ.

Whoever has said this is going to be a blowout needs to have the poo slapped out their mouth. The Cards played tough today, and I feel we can handle whatever it is they throw at us, but I'm not going to say it's going to be anything but a tough, roller-coaster type game, where the lead may change often.

In the end, I feel we have the offense to keep pace, and the defense to stop them when we need to, but no way would I ever say this is any sort of a gimme. Anybody who thinks playoff games are such, is an idiot.

we were dominating the #1 offense till the 4th quarter... same with the giants

our D falls asleep in the 4th for some reason.

however, we are MUCH better at home.

Saints game was because of Prevent defense and pulling starters on offense(Williams) so they could rest them for the Playoffs.

Giants game was because we were paper thin up the middle of our D with Beason being sick 3 days before the game and Kemo being out with Lewis coming out in start of the 4th.

So the question is how will this defense play when it's healthy? And when Fox isn't taking the foot off the Gas peddle at the start of the 4th quarter? the only time I would be ok with him doing that is if we're up by 30 going into the 4th other wise he needs to step on they're throats.

Whoever has said this is going to be a blowout needs to have the sh*t slapped out their mouth. The Cards played tough today, and I feel we can handle whatever it is they throw at us, but I'm not going to say it's going to be anything but a tough, roller-coaster type game, where the lead may change often.

In the end, I feel we have the offense to keep pace, and the defense to stop them when we need to, but no way would I ever say this is any sort of a gimme. Anybody who thinks playoff games are such, is an idiot.

Blowouts do sometimes happen in the playoffs, but they're rare.

Blowouts occasionally happen in John Fox coached Panther games, but again, they're rare.

There's a little too much "rarity" involved here for me to buy the idea of this being a Panther blowout, and I certainly don't want to see the reverse.

No one should be taking this game lightly. The Cardinals can beat us, and they might. I hope they don't, but it's utterly wrong to think it can't happen.

I dont think itll be a blowout by any means, i expect it to fare much like it did when we played them earlier in the year. However, i think we are playing better ball now than what we were then, the Cards, not so much. I think the Cards are sitting at home had they of played anyone other than Atl. Matt Ryan made one too many rookie mistakes for playoff football. Jake wont make those mistakes. The Cards will beat us if they play a 'great' game, we will beat them if we play a 'good' game.

From a Cards fan:

Who knows man. It really all depends on which Cardinals show up. I mean, we gave you guys a heck of a game, as well as the Giants, then we get completely embarrassed by both the Vikings and Eagles (I'm not counting the Pats game because we clearly didn't get off the plane for that travesty)

Honestly, are the Vikings and the Eagles that much better than the Panthers and Giants?

The answer is no. My Cards are a fairly young team (other than Pop Waner obviously) and sometimes we just dont show up. I guess it's a lack of maturity, how else am I to explain it?

If the awesome Cards show up, you guys will have your hands full and it will be a great game...

If the other Cards show up? Good luck in the NFC Championship. :( Remember to rest your starters after halftime.

From a Cards fan:

Who knows man. It really all depends on which Cardinals show up. I mean, we gave you guys a heck of a game, as well as the Giants, then we get completely embarrassed by both the Vikings and Eagles (I'm not counting the Pats game because we clearly didn't get off the plane for that travesty)

Honestly, are the Vikings and the Eagles that much better than the Panthers and Giants?

The answer is no. My Cards are a fairly young team (other than Pop Waner obviously) and sometimes we just dont show up. I guess it's a lack of maturity, how else am I to explain it?

If the awesome Cards show up, you guys will have your hands full and it will be a great game...

If the other Cards show up? Good luck in the NFC Championship. :( Remember to rest your starters after halftime.

Yea the Cards deff have alot of weapons that make me a bit nervous. I just feel the Cards have too much going against them in this matchup. They have to fly east to play a well rested and hot Carolina team. Theres also the fact that all 8 teams that came to play at BoA, went away with a loss. Still tho, its the playoffs and i expect a tough game.

I don't think this will be a low scoring game, and by no means a blowout unless Arizona just has a bad day.

But I think being physical with them and running down their throats is the key. Let's not compare Atlanta's running game and team led by a Rookie QB in AZ to Jake and arguably the best and most dynamic running game in the NFL at home.

Running is the key here. We need to run, and shave time off the clock. That will put pressure on Warner. And even though they have no problem passing the ball, under pressure, it may force Warner into a mistakes and our safeties could actually show up and maybe even get an interception or two.

Not looking for a blowout but there is nothing wrong with feeling optimistic for a change. Let them surprise and shock us if they can, but I feel good about this match up in Charlotte.

Archived