• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Rumors: Fox to Cleveland in 2011

holycrikey

....and let the lameass speculation begin.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Anyone have the silly ESPN Insider subscription to check out what this article says? I'm sure it's something along the lines of, "Well Delhomme is there! A reunion makes perfect sense because Fox has a man-crush on Delhomme. So yeah.... we're ESPN. We can spew crap without any evidence."

An interesting house-cleaning is going on in Cleveland. There was a line change at the QB position with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson replaced by Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace. Veteran center Hank Fraley was tossed onto the free agent scrap heap, and Kamerion Wimbley was traded for a third-round pick. All of this makes us wonder whether Eric Mangini is still running the show.

Such was the topic of the tail end of Michael Lombardi's column on National Football Post on Monday morning, and Lombardi speculates that all of this -- especially the Delhomme signing -- could be the precursor to John Fox being named the head coach of the Browns in the future. Back when the Mangenius was reportedly on the hot seat, Fox's name was mentioned as a potential replacement, and his defense-oriented pedigree would be a good match for a team whose offense is taking shape in the Holmgren mold.

We don't see this happening prior to the 2010 season, but it's certainly something to keep an eye on for 2011, given the fact that Fox's deal will have expired at that point. Here's ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter's take:

Adam Schefter

Interesting developments in Cleveland

"Think about this: Panthers coach John Fox is a huge Delhomme supporter. Browns general manager Tom Heckert is an equally big supporter of Fox. Fox's contract is up after this season. Agent Bob Lamonte represents Heckert, Fox and Browns president Mike Holmgren. Cleveland gave Delhomme a two-year deal, long enough to carry him over until the time when Fox will become free. I'm not saying, I'm just saying ..."

here it is.

....and let the lameass speculation begin.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Anyone have the silly ESPN Insider subscription to check out what this article says? I'm sure it's something along the lines of, "Well Delhomme is there! A reunion makes perfect sense because Fox has a man-crush on Delhomme. So yeah.... we're ESPN. We can spew crap without any evidence."

you pretty much hit the nail on the head..

Adam Shefter is getting paid to do what Glazer does.. without the credibility.

Lol, I doubt Fox is thinking about going to Cleveland right now.

I agree. I think Fox is more focused on winning here in Carolina. Regardless of what the naysayers say. Tom Coughlin was in a lame duck year when he took the Giants to the super bowl. Just because he's in a lame duck year doesn't mean he's not gonna perform his duties as a head coach. And I'm sure he'd rather win a lombardi trophy here in the Carolinas, versus Cleveland, lol.

Archived