• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales on evaluating roster: "I have the benefit of not having an emotional connection"

rayzor

47 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, that is no doubt the hope.  No way to know for sure, I just find it doubtful Morgan disagreed with all the bad moves.  Got to think he was like minded to some extent.    

either he didn't like them or he realized that wasn't exactly the right way to do it (because it got his old boss fired) and now he goes with what he knows....who a real football player is and not looking at what they could be if given the right situation or whatever.

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean he is on video agreeing with 2 of our poo draft picks (Johnson and robinson) and you have to think he agreed with the trade and selection of young since he ultimately got the job.  Tepper isnt going to keep him onboard if he though young was the wrong choice

it also been well reporter Tepper has weeded out the types that ran against the grain.  So, the argument is either Morgan agreed on a lot ......or he kept his mouth shut.  Neither option would be overly flattering. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

it also been well reporter Tepper has weeded out the types that ran against the grain.  So, the argument is either Morgan agreed on a lot ......or he kept his mouth shut.  Neither option would be overly flattering. 

All we can do at this point is hope and wait and see.  And I have always said having optimism and hope are not really good strategies in building teams.  I hope we crush this draft but I dont even know what that would look like at this point

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

see, I don't agree there.  There isn't much of an argument for Matt Rhule being all powerful and getting de facto GM his last season either.   He was a dead man walking in reality.  That's why he was fired a couple weeks into the season and even during that offseason had been intentionally put on the back burner. 

Matt Rhule had a line buried in a contract and people IMO ran way too far with it.   Some of the bad moves during the Rhule era where Matt Rhule influenced bad moves.  Some of the bad moves were just Fitt and company being just as bad at it.   I'm not down w/ using Matt Rhule as the catch all fall guy for where we are today.  It was also the front office.  Fitterer and his team.  

Ok the 22 draft had Icky ( up and down but the Huddle seemed to love the pick ), Corral (McAdoo wanted). Honestly the problem is we were missing another high pick because of that Darnold trade. We need to be acquiring picks not sending them off right now. I’m not sure who that falls under but I’m betting Fitt. 

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

either he didn't like them or he realized that wasn't exactly the right way to do it (because it got his old boss fired) and now he goes with what he knows....who a real football player is and not looking at what they could be if given the right situation or whatever.

all guess work. 

my concern remains the common theme.  The Seattle mindset and focus.  I think our wannabe Seattle blueprint front office folks have botched this.  Sadly, that's going to include Morgan.  Morgan is a real football player.  But Morgan, the front office guy and build a team guy, was largely molded in Seattle.   

from day 1, I think our first big move and our last big move.....was the Seattle dream clouding judgement.  Jaycee Horn on a team that had nothing and needed to rebuild....and the farm for Bryce Young. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Ok the 22 draft had Icky ( up and down but the Huddle seemed to love the pick ), Corral (McAdoo wanted). Honestly the problem is we were missing another high pick because of that Darnold trade. We need to be acquiring picks not sending them off right now. I’m not sure who that falls under but I’m betting Fitt. 

Fitt had a first round grade on him and MC was his #1 rated qb that draft.   And if we are in the business of letting journeyman shitty assistant coaches making trades/picks then we are way more screwed then even I previously thought.   Hopefully morgan instills a process for scouting and actual drafting that looks like a modern nfl team and not a fuging fantasy football draft on a 10 beer saturday night

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Mr. In on Every Deal. 

the rest of the NFL is going to miss Fitterer

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

all guess work. 

my concern remains the common theme.  The Seattle mindset and focus.  I think our wannabe Seattle blueprint front office folks have botched this.  Sadly, that's going to include Morgan.  Morgan is a real football player.  But Morgan, the front office guy and build a team guy, was largely molded in Seattle.   

from day 1, I think our first big move and our last big move.....was the Seattle dream clouding judgement.  Jaycee Horn on a team that had nothing and needed to rebuild....and the farm for Bryce Young. 

Morgan also went to Seattle with Beane who turned their franchise around.  They didn't really follow the Seattle blueprint (huge raw QB who they molded and trading for a top WR to help him grow, never really got a good running game with their RBs). 

People like to compare Young to Wilson because they are both short, but honestly Seattle got lucky with Wilson in round 3, they had traded for Flynn for that to be their guy.  Young and Russ also have two pretty different playing styles.  Canales talking about the offense he wants to run seemed similar to the one he just ran in Tampa.  He was just speaking basics IMO.  Yeah PA, running game, and bootlegs helps take pressure of the QB especially with a bad OL.   

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Fitt had a first round grade on him and MC was his #1 rated qb that draft.   And if we are in the business of letting journeyman shitty assistant coaches making trades/picks then we are way more screwed then even I previously thought.   Hopefully morgan instills a process for scouting and actual drafting that looks like a modern nfl team and not a fuging fantasy football draft on a 10 beer saturday night

Fitt was bad.  No one is arguing this.  We are trying to see if their are signs of Morgan insisting on these picks.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Fitt was bad.  No one is arguing this.  We are trying to see if their are signs of Morgan insisting on these picks.  

No way of knowing, but if they general style of Fitts regime was that truly of a "consensus builder" then you have to think he right hand man agreed to the bulk if not all of the moves.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No way of knowing, but if they general style of Fitts regime was that truly of a "consensus builder" then you have to think he right hand man agreed to the bulk if not all of the moves.

You think he had everyone agreeing? I’m not sure that is possible…