• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worthy is fastest ever

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CRA said:

I like his teammate Mitchell more.  Ran the 4.3. The owners of the fastest combine WR runs also don’t have a great track record so you can only put so much in it.  Mitchell has the speed and NFL body

Some think Mitchell will be gone due to his 40. 

If Mitchell and Worthy are there and we pick Worthy, I will immediately call for Morgan and Canales to be fired.

Edited by top dawg

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

That eliminates Worthy to here then.  By the time Bryce does his 15 yard drop and 5 bunny hops, Worthy would be 40 yards down field, not to mention the time it would take his floater to get there...then 60 yards down field for the speedster.  The ball would fall 20 yards short.

That's kind of a quandary. And I can’t believe that the field is being compacted because of slow WRs. But you k now, I won’t complain about fast WRs, as a general benefit to your team. 

Of course we want fast WRs. Anyhow, note the guy throwing to Worthy in the first video is standing flat footed. Very compact delivery fwiw. Young will be going all out to launch his (smart) bombs. I know it sounds like I am always after the guy (I kind of am) but how do you ignore that? Canales better not.

And okay, getting pockets that clean to step into, seeing what it takes space and time wise for him to get a ball to last 50 yards in the air, it’s a tall order for the OL. But give it to him and move to the next aspect.

I think people are diagnosing this like Gettleman and his tall WRs are the answer to Cam’s sailing balls miscalculation.

For Young, if he is no deep threat, well it has be the WRs are too slow and the OL can’t hold blocks long enough for them to run 35 yards. Right? I mean, that is what people contend, yes?

I see what you see, what are they supposed to do, run downfield stop and get ready to jump? How fast do you need to be to be? 

Edited by strato