• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where the QBs will Land

24 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Good grief man....you literally just proved my point.  Who exactly is in the draft from Clemson's offense?  Shipley (who got demoted to backup during the year and was oft injured) will probably get drafted Day 3....only other offensive guy is Putnam who is currently ranked outside of the draft.  We are only talking about defense.  Clemson hasn't had an NFL caliber WR since Trevor's Sophomore year.  2024 will likely be different.  Duke has a 1st round OT.

You want to argue Duke’s offense has more talent than Clemson? Duke??? I mean Clemson had a down year but are still light years ahead of Duke…

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh stop. This is that same bullshit folks cooked up to convince themselves that Bryce was carrying inferior talent at fuging Alabama. Clemson is a blue chip blue blood college football program these days. Look at the recruiting class rankings year over year. They're stacked with talent. Do they have down years? Sure. But their "down years" would be pretty good years for most programs. That's just the reality of the college football landscape where the rosters are gigantic and there's plenty of scholarships to go around. The blue chip programs gobble up a crazy amount of talent every year. People who think the transfer portal are going to fix this are probably mistaken. Sure, that 5* WR who is 4th or 5th on Clemson's depth chart might transfer to UNC and be #1 or #2 on their depth chart but at the same time that 2* kid who went to say Marshall and blossomed into one of the best receivers in college football then transfers to Clemson. 

You are outside of your mind - NO ONE SAID CLEMSON ISN'T TALENTED ABOVE MOST OF THE ACC.  READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU RESPOND

I said the 2024 offense specifically.  And for the record they very rarely get 5-star WR'rs - a decent # of 4's.  And go ahead and name me the big time NFL WR'rs they have had....the last one was Tee Higgins in 2020 and they haven't had anything close since, outside of a few games from Justyn Ross.  And what WR transfer to Clemson?  That is just complete horsecrap.  Dabo literally has been criticized for his complete lack of using the portal.  You are making stuff up.  We are talking about 2024.  Stop arguing anything else because I never said it.....at all....or even close.  Gees man yall are ridiculous - you read like 4 words of a post on go on a rant at people - you just look foolish.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

You want to argue Duke’s offense has more talent than Clemson? Duke??? I mean Clemson had a down year but are still light years ahead of Duke…

Did I say that?  No not at all.  I said Clemson didn't have any talent on their offensive line or WR last year and that Duke's offense wasn't that bad.  You are welcome to show me where I said Duke's offense had more talent.  But last year no their offense was not light years ahead of Duke.  They were likely more talented overall but most of that "talent" was on the bench injured.  That is what I said.  

28 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Will you stop trying to argue things I never say?  You do it all the time to everyone man - come on dude that is just pathetic and annoying to everyone here.  I have yet to argue Clemson's OVERALL talent.  I said their OFFENSIVE TALENT IN 2024 specifically.  I know Clemson better than most and obviously you if you don't see that....I live here...we discuss it daily during the season with dozens of people who know even more than me.  No one said defense and no one said any year other than 2024.  

Clemson's has lacked QB play since Trevor left.  That's the story on Clemson.  They haven't even been getting even average ACC level play at the spot.  If they had, they would have cruised to the college playoff evey year. 

If QB is off the table, no team in the ACC is close to Clemson in terms of talent they fill their rosters with.  

Clemson overall had more offensive talent around their QB than Duke.  Clemson just hasn't had QB play.  They went from best in the nation play, to sub par ACC caliber play.  That drastically impacts things. 

Shipley/Mafah was the best backfield duo in the ACC.  In all honestly, Clemson could of come close to being undefeated in the ACC if they just gave up on their QB and run almost every snap, playing D.   Clemson had tons of young crazy talent at WR that was a combo of young and hurt.....with a QB that can't take advantage of any of it. 

2 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

You don't know much about Clemson if you say they had talent last year.  Their top receiver was hurt almost all year, and he isn't an NFL caliber guy anyway.  Their OLine was leaking like the Panthers - no joke. 

And Duke wasn't as bad as you say either - they were ranked part of the year and have multiple NFL prospects including on offence.  Trust me the talent difference was not that big on offense....Leonard looked night and day different - much much worse.

I’m telling you it was a larger difference than you think…

17 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

You are outside of your mind - NO ONE SAID CLEMSON ISN'T TALENTED ABOVE MOST OF THE ACC.  READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU RESPOND

I said the 2024 offense specifically.  And for the record they very rarely get 5-star WR'rs - a decent # of 4's.  And go ahead and name me the big time NFL WR'rs they have had....the last one was Tee Higgins in 2020 and they haven't had anything close since, outside of a few games from Justyn Ross.  And what WR transfer to Clemson?  That is just complete horsecrap.  Dabo literally has been criticized for his complete lack of using the portal.  You are making stuff up.  We are talking about 2024.  Stop arguing anything else because I never said it.....at all....or even close.  Gees man yall are ridiculous - you read like 4 words of a post on go on a rant at people - you just look foolish.

You don't know much about Clemson if you say they had talent last year. 

That was your opening post to the Clemson talk

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

I said the 2024 offense specifically.  And for the record they very rarely get 5-star WR'rs - a decent # of 4's.  And go ahead and name me the big time NFL WR'rs they have had....the last one was Tee Higgins in 2020 and they haven't had anything close since, outside of a few games from Justyn Ross.  And what WR transfer to Clemson?  That is just complete horsecrap.  Dabo literally has been criticized for his complete lack of using the portal.  You are making stuff up.  We are talking about 20249.  Stop arguing anything else because I never said it.....at all....or even close.  Gees man yall are ridiculous - you read like 4 words of a post on go on a rant at people - you just look foolish.

Read your own post that I quoted. You were literally crying about Clemson having an overall lack of talent and that's fuging absurd.

50 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Good grief man....you literally just proved my point.  Who exactly is in the draft from Clemson's offense?  Shipley (who got demoted to backup during the year and was oft injured) will probably get drafted Day 3....only other offensive guy is Putnam who is currently ranked outside of the draft.  We are only talking about defense.  Clemson hasn't had an NFL caliber WR since Trevor's Sophomore year.  2024 will likely be different.  Duke has a 1st round OT.

Mafah is you know, actually good and talented too.  The whole talent thing you claim Clemson didn't have on O.   If Shipley didn't exist, Mafah would have most likely owned the title of best RB in the ACC last year because Shipley got identical touches as Mafah.   And then you can reverse that and say the same about Shipley. 

I mean, you are essentially saying Clemson isn't that talented at RB because they got too much talent. 

This dude is having a meltdown and creating alternate realities while calling everyone else crazy because his team had a down year when they still ended up in the top 20 in the final poll. Outside of just a handful of programs that's called a pretty good year.

I thought this thread was about where QB's will land but its turned into a pee pee match back and forth.

Milton out of Tennessee  interests me. I wonder how late he will go in the draft? Him or Rattler would be a cool later developmental project if Bryce fails again next season.

47 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Context.....for the love of God find the context

Context, you were ranting about Shipley being “demoted” to somehow support your lack of talent claim. 

Mafah is a beast.  That’s why they had almost identical touches.  Either one would have likely been statistically the best RB in the ACC if the other didn’t exist. 

and like I said, Clemson could of said screw trying to develop  Cade and likely come close to going undefeated just playing D and running.  That’s talent,  that’s also because of the OL too.  Cade and DJU both supplied below average ACC QB play and it makes everyone on the OL look bad.   And that type play isn’t  going to help the young talented WRs either 

34 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I thought this thread was about where QB's will land but its turned into a pee pee match back and forth.

Milton out of Tennessee  interests me. I wonder how late he will go in the draft? Him or Rattler would be a cool later developmental project if Bryce fails again next season.

As someone who lives in Knoxville trust me in not wanting Milton. He has a cannon but isn’t very accurate and doesn’t like throwing over the middle because he throws it high. He is also older to be such a raw prospect.