• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whiskey

DirtyMagic97

To all you whiskey connoisseurs out there; What are your favorite types of whiskey? I'd like to hear some recommendations. Here are mine

The Macallan 21: Lighter whiskey, very smooth, spicy, with moderate hints of orange.

macallan21.jpg

Glenlivet 18: Very good. Robust, floral flavor. Very good for drinking straight up. Has a bite at the end that lets you know you have a whiskey solid in your glass.

livet18.jpg

Elijah Craig

The Taste: A Hot 18 Year Old

There are quite a few flavors running through this one, vanilla and wood and honey and smoke among them. The honey is the most assertive, matched only by the smoke. In fact, this is an interesting one - it's very smoky, and where there's smoke there's fire. We liked the charred taste, and we also liked the throaty burn we could feel when the rye reared its head. It was viscous and oily, and you can expect the finish to hang around for a while even after you swallow it.

http://www.liquorsnob.com/archives/2006/03/elijah_craig_single_barrel_bourbon_review.php

If you like a full flavored bourbon with a hefty buzz that's cheaper than Jack, etc, and you've never taken a sip of Elijah...well go get a bottle for less than 20 bucks.

One of my favorite ways to drink it is with an ice cube in a snifter, even though the recommend not doing that.

The Verdict: A Great Drink For Special Occasions

This one's complex and exciting, but it might be a bit much for people who don't drink a lot of Bourbon. It's definitely five-star stuff, but not one you'll want to use to bring someone into the fold. If you're an enthusiast and you haven't tried it yet, however, give it a shot and let us know what you think. We were quite pleased, and it's on our list for special occasions and gifts for bosses.

Archived