• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Diontae Johnson to the Panthers

Just now, WUnderhill said:

Huh? That can’t be what you’re talking about. He ran a comeback and made the defender miss.

Be prepared it will drive you up the wall when he catches and runs back 5 yards. I bet week one yinz will be asking, "what was that?".

47 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Don't get it twisted. Diontae has the potential to be a number one receiver.

I personally would like to see him extended before the season. The Steelers were fleeced.

I dunno. It's a contract year for him so we need him to ball out for the money, not get paid and take it easy. He's 28ish, will be working hard for that one last big contract. It's obvious they're all in on seeing if Bryce can get it done with a better supporting cast so they should see it through the right way for this one year  

11 minutes ago, steelhead said:

Wait what? Johnson is a potential top 10? I'm dying. Dude had zero touchdowns 2 years ago. He was forced in the #1 slot and he is just meh. There's a reason why he's only getting paid 10 million. 

Oh and be prepared for him to drop 5 yards back after his catch, and then he makes a move. 

So you mean year one of the Mitch and Kenny experience. Yeah no doubt he didn't light up the stat sheet. that was Bryce bad QB play. Hell y'all basically just took the air out of the ball and methodically used Johnson as an extension of the run game and ran it down our throats in 2022. I wouldn't trust Mitch either.

Don't think it's a coincidence his play and output dropped in 2022 after big Ben retired. He was the leading receiver in yards what 3 straight years, and wasn't in all the games. He's what we lack and everyone wants: big play potential. If healthy he took the top off the defense for years, and that speed isn't gone.  Now can our QB get him the ball...... Remains to be seen, and if not it's going to be ugly. Johnson's catch and retreat move is gonna piss us all off for damn sure.

Jackson is going to frustrate you. He loves to make a play and then later give up a huge one, game after game.. we both are trading for potential and unloading our underperforming guys here. Think Jackson has a better outcome as he won't be asked to be a #2 CB for you all. We likely ask Johnson to be a top 2 WR and want him as the #1 as it stands today. Hope for us he's motivated to perform for the next contract.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I dunno. It's a contract year for him so we need him to ball out for the money, not get paid and take it easy. He's 28ish, will be working hard for that one last big contract. It's obvious they're all in on seeing if Bryce can get it done with a better supporting cast so they should see it through the right way for this one year  

I think he can play for several more years at a high level. If we bet on him it may pay off. Otherwise, it could be expensive to try and resign him if he has a career year.

1 minute ago, steelhead said:

Be prepared it will drive you up the wall when he catches and runs back 5 yards. I bet week one yinz will be asking, "what was that?".

I mean you might be right I don’t watch the Steelers I’m just saying he did nothing wrong in that clip and it has me wondering if the Steelers just called a bunch of comebacks and curls for him and that’s what you were seeing.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You mean like Claypool did to the bears when we traded him?

We are use to that. Most of the guys we have do the same thing. But ours rarely get up field.  Theilen is they only guy that knows how to cut a route short and still get up field to get a 1st down. He's the old guy that knows what the fug to do after the catch.

Just now, WUnderhill said:

I mean you might be right I don’t watch the Steelers I’m just saying he did nothing wrong in that clip and it has me wondering if the Steelers just called a bunch of comebacks and curls for him and that’s what you were seeing.

It was Johnson thing. No one else did that move off the catch and then go back 5. If not for that he would probably have another 100 yards

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

I think he can play for several more years at a high level. If we bet on him it may pay off. Otherwise, it could be expensive to try and resign him if he has a career year.

If we had confidence in our QB i would agree. I'm thinking from the stance of the FO evaluating Bryce with legit weapons playing with their careers on the line just to see if BY can deliver. Which I don't agree with but I think that's how they're going to view and play this thing

1 minute ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Can we get George Pickens from them as well? He was pretty disgruntled last season.

Negative.  I like the kid. But a lot of Steeler fans hate it. 

He shut Tomlin up at the end. 

Negative.  I like the kid. But a lot of Steeler fans hate it. 

He shut Tomlin up at the end. 

Yeah I know they won't trade him but sure wish they would. I like him as well too and if he has a decent QB throwing to him I could see him lighting it up week after week.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

We are use to that. Most of the guys we have do the same thing. But ours rarely get up field.  Theilen is they only guy that knows how to cut a route short and still get up field to get a 1st down. He's the old guy that knows what the fug to do after the catch.

Ah, then you'll be fine with him. He has more breakouts vs getting hot when he goes back 5. 

He'll drop some. But who doesn't? 

He's injury sucked, but it wasn't like a bad thing. I also think we were cautious with it, due to we had WR to go to. 

.... so if you're used to that and cool with it then you should be happy with him getting 10 million. That will look good for you.