• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 3-4 Rush OLB that we should want--a sleeper

MHS831

Jonah Ellis  Utah

As you can see from this example, some sites have him as a third round talent.  However, he was injured (shoulder) and surgery prevented him from working out and competing at the Shrine game and SR bowl.  The video below is well worth the watch; it is the reason I am no longer wanting Chop Robinson, Austin Booker, or Adisa Isaac.  However, I would take Jonah Ellis at pick 33.  Full stop.  And I would celebrate.  Not only from this video, but it led me to watch other stuff on him.

First, he has three family members with NFL experience--bloodlines manner. Second, since he kept playing with a bad shoulder, his play dropped off during his last year (note the 12 sacks).  While he is not the best vs the run, he is very comparable with the others not in the top 3 who play the same position.  He is 21, and has amazing hands.

This guy compared him to a younger and more raw TJ Watt, and explained that some teams may have him on their board in round 1.  In my estimation, his bust risk is minimal compared to the others in the round 2-3 range.

image.thumb.png.f615a38bc49b09fdbe30f271744c0efa.png

watch from about 35:50-42:00

image.thumb.png.d88b137781ae3275ce00fa0b72443f47.png

• Pie 3

I'm very high on him.  He is small so holding up in the run game will be an issue particularly year 1, but he has good length for that small frame.  Not going to bend the edge like Burns could but he has a good array of rush moves.  I'd look for him around 65.

Significantly more refined right now then Issac and Booker IMO, but you're really drafting those guys for traits and potential.

Edited by Untouchable
  • Pie 1